Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how exactly do you get the corner light (on a 4th gen) next to the headlight out? I removed the screw with the circle thing on it (kinda looks like a sword) and I still couldnt pull it out.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
use that screwdriver and push on the back, it just presses in. be ready to catch it or have a pillow to cushion its fall :)

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
mine are also a major PITA :mad
you just hafta pull them STRAIGHT out.

try wiggling it or hit it with your hand to lossen up any debris that could be holding it in

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which direction?

pull straight out as in the direction the car is facing or pull them towards the driver side of the car out?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yeah they took be a bit to figure out...mainly because the top arm (the piece that had the screw in it) has to bend to get into or out of place, and also there are pieces that work like a lobster trap and clip the corner light into place. if you are standing straight in front of the car facing it, pull the lights toward you. directly straight out. It helps if you stick a screwdriver into the hole where the screw went and push on the plastic arm to try and pry it out (but dont be too rough or stuff will break)

good luck.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
WillyG said:
Yeah they took be a bit to figure out...mainly because the top arm (the piece that had the screw in it) has to bend to get into or out of place, and also there are pieces that work like a lobster trap and clip the corner light into place. if you are standing straight in front of the car facing it, pull the lights toward you. directly straight out. It helps if you stick a screwdriver into the hole where the screw went and push on the plastic arm to try and pry it out (but dont be too rough or stuff will break)

good luck.
thats it

·
Registered
207 Posts
i used...

i used the open palm of my hand and knocked it forward after undoing the screw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts