Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...make changes to car specifications to make
for better racing and a more level playing field?

Why doesn't ecclestone just mandate having the same exact tires, the same exact brakes, the same exact fuels, etc. Of course they could still leave some things to chance like different aeropackages and different horsepower engines?

Solutions to the F1 problem are so simple to inflict and understand, so why doesn't the FIA just do it all ready?

jay

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
uh, they do, everyone uses the same fuel, have same brakes, everyone uses similar tires....and the only different thing is the engine and areo......

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are we talking about F1 here, not CART?

Bridgestone and Michelin are the two rivals in the series. In fact Ferrari Bridgestones are different and better than Honda Bridgestones.
They are entirely different not the same. Michelin on williams are more likely faster and better than those on mclarens.

Fuels are not the same, Ferrari uses Shell
Williams Petrobras, etc.

jay

I was referring to something that I read today about ecclestone releasing a Digital feed for F1 world wide and free of charge. I say screw that just make for better racing and people will flock to it...

jay

·
Registered
184 Posts
Passing on a road course is hard enough and it doesn't help the fact that every year the competition just get better and better. The whole reason why NASCAR and IRL have close finished is because half of those guys dont even deserve a ride. Therefore, causing leaders to slow and pass them one by one which bunches up the field.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yeah, we don't see full course cautions very often in F1. The closest it ever gets is the beginning. But I do like the gridding up before green flag, way better than a running start. The reason why competition is rare in F1 is because its so damn expensive to have a competitive team. There are no limits to how much you can spend thus all the poorer teams don't have a chance. Even in today's highly commercial society, the richer just keep getting richer while the poor is well...don't really get poorer but just not as rich. But Honda concentrating on one team is a step forward. Although its a lesser chance of winning with 2 cars than 4. I think with more emphasis on one team, it could be competive with the McLarens within a few years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's more of a reality than say, changing a letter in my name to form an ingrates name isn't it?

The start of F1 cars is done by computers anyways--it's microchips VS. microchips ("starting" ATC) until they get to the first corner...and then Ferrari is almost always ahead.After that it's a race for second position and below, unless Ferrari is already 1-2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts