Registered
3,062 Posts
how can 2 different engine codes be the same engine :D :byye
one is 2.0 litre the other is 2.2 litre, I'm sure you see it now

·
Registered
14 Posts
US F22's (Non VTEC) - 130 hp @ 5200 RPM / 139 lb.-ft. @ 4200 RPM
JAP F20's - Not sure of there power rating, but it cant be much higher (Or Less).

I personally like the F22 because the low end torque. The VTEC editions have pretty good high end horsepower and so do the non VTEC versions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Then why do the F22's with vtec have 15 more hp and more torque than the normal F22's?

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yeah and if you did your homework on how motors work, you'd see that the power gain is from different designs around the motor....and vtec acts as a gas saver to keep gas mileage close to the non-vtec motors :rolleyes

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
yeah and if you did your homework on how motors work, you'd see that the power gain is from different designs around the motor....and vtec acts as a gas saver to keep gas mileage close to the non-vtec motors :rolleyes

this has also been covered a hundred thousand times...

to all noobs:
DO A SEARCH, FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST!!!!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
seriously, when i heard of people saying that they were breaking the tires free when they would hit Vtec on the SOHC`s it made me laugh (this part reminded me of it)... and as for the question about the power range, i think, lemme check.................................... well i cant find it... but i think they increased the comression and on the V tec cross-over (since it is only active on the intake side) they made it a lot higher lift so when u hit it, it would feed it a lot more gas and air thus making more power.... i think... once i find out ill post a link.... peace-

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh! I was just asking :confused

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.