Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive come to the conclusion that Im never going to get more out of my F23a1 engine. Im looking to swap my engine for the Accord SIR-T known as the "F20B". I would like to know if anyone out there knows if the engine will fit correctly in my car, and what exactly will I need to buy additionally?

Thanks everyone, I hope I get some feedback.

· Registered
64 Posts
got 344whp off an f23a1 @ 14psi and plan to boost it to 25psi. whats your excuse?

anyway if you want to do a swap, i say go with an H22 since parts availability is very much available and around should you ever feel the need to go nuts with it :)

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got 344whp off an f23a1 @ 14psi and plan to boost it to 25psi. whats your excuse?

anyway if you want to do a swap, i say go with an H22 since parts availability is very much available and around should you ever feel the need to go nuts with it :)
You should put up a vid of your car; its hard to visualize an H23A1 fast.

I heard that the f20b uses the same parts as the h22 from the lude. Plus the compression rate for the f20b is higher. Ive also read that its about 50lbs ligther than the h22. I would like to know what do I need to buy in order to make this swap successful. I found the engine itself for 1000 dollars, do I need to buy the ECU? Im still clueless.

· Registered
3,077 Posts
2.0 vs 2.3 Your throwing torque away for HP.. I doubt the weight is that different. Your driving an accord, and you need torque. If I were you I'd boost the engine with a junkyard setup, which if done right and researched correctly isn't such a bad idea for getting to 200+ WHP/WTQ.

If you don't want to deal with boosting a motor theres other options, exhaust and intake, lighter rims and tire combo. Hell I saved 10 lbs per wheel by getting rims and tires(staying stock size, 15x6.5 195/60r15)

Also what kind of condition is your engine in? At least do a compression check, and if possible a leakdown.

Theres always the idea of swapping transmissions from F to H, closer gear ratios for better acceleration, but then again , less top speed.

EDIT: If your hell bent about swapping just get an H series.

· Registered
16 Posts
I heard that the f20b uses the same parts as the h22 from the lude. Plus the compression rate for the f20b is higher. Ive also read that its about 50lbs ligther than the h22. I would like to know what do I need to buy in order to make this swap successful. I found the engine itself for 1000 dollars, do I need to buy the ECU? Im still clueless.
some parts are interchangable but not enough i can tell you that i spent 3 months researching this swap....if you got a 98-01 you literetly just need a GOOD motor and the ECU and it will drop right in...the ecu comes with MOST motors...thin k about it, what are they gonna do with a random ecu, but if your car is manual make sure you get a motor with a MANUAL ECU....hope that gives you a clue:D

· Registered
4,086 Posts
you have to do a conversion with the dizzy wires, maybe i can take a pic of mine and post it to show how they wired mine up. this is why i didn't do the wiring on mine, i was scared of the nightmare

· Registered
4,086 Posts
glad to see the F20B following starting to grow a little bit, i've been reading in other areas of people opting to slap a F20B in their gen 6 accord nowadays but i always see the wiring complaint, it's definitely not as easy as some other options but wiring is tricky no matter what. still cudos for the blue top

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.