Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an f22 prelude and don't care to do a swap. Here is what i want to do and the prices.

Race Engineering 85.5 mm pistons 11:1 -----399
Crower connecting rods--------------------------699
Darton Sleeving Kit--------------------------------599
Gude Head Package------------------------------1650

What Transmission should i use? i have an f22 automatic .....What tranny should i use? .....should i get another auto tranny ? H23 .... H22a4 Tranny? .....or should i go to a manual ......again f22, h23 , or h22? Should i get a level ten auto tranny for 4000 bucks ? lol or should i get a performance rebuild kit for the f22 tranny i have ? Any help would be awesome.
-Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
i wouldnt worry about sleeving the f22 unless your bores are fucked up. they are NOT frm and can be bore 0.25mm over with no problems.

for headwork get in touch with www.hondaraceengines.com a FULL race head job is around 1200 from them and way way better than ANYTHING that EVER came from gude. they can even make you a custom cam.

for pistons see if you can get your hands on some stock f20b pistons. they are 11:1 and they are stock so you wont ever have to worry about reliability.

for the rods i would recomend eagle. they are the best on the market and cost a hell of alot less than crower. they are in some of the fastest NA cars and have been tested to 900hp.

for a tranny, if you wana keep it auto id get a obd1 jdm h22 auto, those are stout trannys. i tried to break mine and all i did was crack the diff.. that would have happened with a 5spd.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info ...it helped easy my troubles. For 1100 bucks at that cylinder head website ......they don't regrind the camshaft, port and polish the intake manifold and throttle body. Gude says their full head package increases horsepower upto 50 at the flywheel. I can get a full head package by gude for about 850 from a friend. I prolly just buy that cuz i'm on a budget. Peace
-Michael

·
Registered
172 Posts
1100 is for the full race head package... rlz's mild street port will make way more power than anything gude will ever sell. i have never seen anything gude make advertised power.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but for the full race package do they regrind the camshaft ? if not i think it said it costs 150 for the regrind which is hella cheaper. Will they reassemble the head for me or does that cost extra? I was looking at jg dynamics or whatever and they had an assembly/dissasembly BS charge. But on a side note you have been a great help. I'm saving my money up and am going to get all this stuff done next spring. I might just buy an f22 head on ebay for like 50-75 bucks and send it to them so i'm not without my engine for a while ...unless they have a quick turnaround (i hear people bitch about gude taking over a month to do shit). Peace
-Michael

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh one more question ..... should i use the f22a1 head or is there another head out there thats designed better than it. In all the import magazines this guy with the last name of bissi or bussi or somthing has an f22 motor in his crx making well over 300 hp naturally aspirated ....i realize i will probally neveer make more the 250 for the street or close to that but i said he loves the way the cylinder head is designed. I don't know if he is using an f22 a motor or b motor. Any suggestions for that? Peace
-Mike

·
Registered
172 Posts
right now their turn around is about 6 weeks.. but thats b/c they are the best in the buisness. every head, cam, intake manifold is specificly designed for the application and done in house. the dohc custom cams are 550 and are completly new billet cores. the sohc cams should be alot less.

·
Registered
172 Posts
the f22 nonvtec head is what you should go with.. vtec in a sohc is a waste of time.

but the reason i could see that he likes the f22 head is that the ports are tall. with tall ports you can get a straighter shot into the combustion chamber. the only down side to the f22 is the ports are tiny and they have small valves. they require ALOT of work to get to where bisi is...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey WhireMike05 I'm in the same boat as you. I have a f22 with auto transmission, and I'm gonna rebuild it and add lots of Nitrous. But first change my transmission probably to the preludes. The prices you listed were about what I had.
I wish I could spend the money on titanium parts but that's not gonna happen. I would go to jg or hondaraceengines for all the engine work including cams. I never heard of hondaraceengines.com , but they look like they're the real deal. I'm interested maybe in a custom manifold. If not I will use the EX models.
But it's all about money. I'm gonna do my transmission with new clutch/flywheel come end of winter and go from there.
There used to be a lot of posts about this until the board went off for while.
What mods have you done to your car so far and any gains from them?

·
Registered
172 Posts
uslspct said:
Oh and 250+ hp from a N/A F22?! I call bullshit. Either that or I want to meet him. Couldn't just be N/A. Find that dude. I did a search on the internet but found nothing.

your a retard if you have never heard of bisi. he is making well over 300hp with a carb'd NA f22. he has ran 9sec all motor.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In the past few months a lot of import/honda magazines have had articles and interviews with the guy. I'm tryign to make something out of nothing but realize i won't be able to get to where he is unless he builds it for me lol. 250 at the fly would be awesome but i don't think it could happen for the street. That cam and compression would be crazy. Peace.
-Michael

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well then I want to meet him. So his car is strictly a track car carbed,running super octane, compression,etc
Well that's no fun. Oh well, still impressive.
I still need more input on boring/sleeving and what route to take. I guess that's why it's fun cause not many people stay with their F22.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a question.....i found a website that sells h22/f20 pistons but I know the h22 pistons are 87mm and the f22 are 85 mm ...are the f20 pistons 85 mm or 87mm. I can get a set of the 11:1 cr pistons for 285 and i'll get some aweseome rings. Peace.
-Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here's what I found about the F20:

1997cc
F20A DOHC non-VTEC--obd I/F20B SOHC non-VTEC--obd II
150hp/6100rpm
137tq/5000rpm
6400rpm redline
9.5:1 compression ratio
85.0mm bore x 88.0mm stroke
closed deck and no LSD

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
coo coo
i still deciding because with rings and everything ...its like 15 less than what i could get a set of je pistons and rings for! so i'll prolly do that. This project will be going down about 5 months from now. I'm a highschooler so i gotta save up! I work at a daycare (lol....pretty sweet i play amped on xbox and blitz on n64 ... the kids are like 6-12 so some of them are coo ) and i build computers on the side, have made up to 300 bucks on ebay in a month. so 5 months will be plenty for the money. Thanks for all the help guys. Peace.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I cannot find a place that sells eagle econo rods for the f22. However at importperformanceparts.com they have probe connecting rods for "2.0/2.2" L engine but its the exact same length and pin as the crower h23/f22 specific rods. They are only 299 for 4 of them and says that they can handle upto 100 horsepower over stock and stock on my motor is 135 and thats low compared to the other engines they have rods for. So i bet they can handle over 235 hp so i bet i will be fine with those. That saves me a lot of money and they are lightweight and pretty strong. I don't think i'll be hitting over 220 at the fly but you never know i might be close with a stage 2 head package with reground camshaft and 11:1 pistons/light weight rods/ intake/exhaust/ port/polished intake mani and throttle body. It would be awesome but is just a glimps in my eye right now. Anyone ever heard of probe rods and how good they are?
-Michael

·
Registered
75 Posts
Haven't heard of them. What do you think of going all out and getting Titanium everything. Surely puts more confidence into the engine which is good cause I'm gonna go the Nitrous route. Of course then if something blows I'll be even madder, and more out of money. You really think a significant diff will be had from the lightest parts around? I'm gonna try and extract the most possible without Nitrous and stay street drivable first. Ehh fuck it, unless I win the lottery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.