Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i've given up on the f22 and have decided to purchase an h23 block within the next year. I'm planning on going for pretty good NA Power and then adding a 75 shot of wet nitrous. I already have an f22 auto tranny but may wanna switch to the h23 automatic. It costs an arm and a leg to get an auto swapped to a manual. I'm trying to think of what stuff i'll need to do the swap.
Heres what I can think of so far:
Block with all internals (obviously)
Intake Manifold/Fuel Injection unit
Fuel Lines
Engine Mounts (not necessary i believe but i may want to replace/upgrade for the built up engine.
Water pump?
ECU
H23 Tranny, Stay with F22 Tranny
Get a level 10 performance rebuild kit for either one?

Heres my real big question .... DO I NEED THE H23 WIRING HARNESS OR DOES THE F22 WORK? Thanks for all your help guys. Peace out.
-Michael
p.s. if your wondering why not an h22 its because everything i have on the prelude so far will swap to the h23 including the header. I don't really want to have the replace the wiring harness becaust i know with h22 you have to but not sure with h22. The h22 has to have the manual tranny to bring out the true power.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
WhiteMike05 said:
Hi guys i've given up on the f22 and have decided to purchase an h23 block within the next year. I'm planning on going for pretty good NA Power and then adding a 75 shot of wet nitrous. I already have an f22 auto tranny but may wanna switch to the h23 automatic. It costs an arm and a leg to get an auto swapped to a manual. I'm trying to think of what stuff i'll need to do the swap.
Heres what I can think of so far:
Block with all internals (obviously)
Intake Manifold/Fuel Injection unit
Fuel Lines
Engine Mounts (not necessary i believe but i may want to replace/upgrade for the built up engine.
Water pump?
ECU
H23 Tranny, Stay with F22 Tranny
Get a level 10 performance rebuild kit for either one?

Heres my real big question .... DO I NEED THE H23 WIRING HARNESS OR DOES THE F22 WORK? Thanks for all your help guys. Peace out.
-Michael
p.s. if your wondering why not an h22 its because everything i have on the prelude so far will swap to the h23 including the header. I don't really want to have the replace the wiring harness becaust i know with h22 you have to but not sure with h22. The h22 has to have the manual tranny to bring out the true power.
well other than the hp increase (130 or 145 depending on which f22, to 160), the h23 is also a good motor to turbo. i would swap to a manual though personally, but it does cost about a grand. i think it would be worth it though b/c honda doesn't exactly make the best automatics.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
It doesn't matter if your tranny is built, a 75 shot will kill it. Don't expect any longevity with it. Honestly, if you're going through that much trouble, why not spend a few extra bucks and get a h22? It doesn't require A LOT more work and you'll be much happier. I have a h23 and it is not a great motor n/a. You can do a tranny swap for less than $1k if you find all parts yourself and have patience. Don't rush anything with cars, you will regret it.

I'm pretty sure you're going to need the H23 wiring harness but I'm not 100% positive on that. Just wanted to give my opinion on the h23..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dude, if you really want serious performance from your prelude, then drop the H22 in with a manual tranny, if you're really serious about it, just start saving up for it, they cost about 3000 on ebay and that includes a tranny with a limited slip differential, as far as your parts go, just start parting them out on ebay or on the classifieds here, people like me are way to cheap to actually purchase a cai or headers for my f22, but i would think about it for a while because i know i won't be ready for the swap till i'm out of college and i have a beater i can drive while i have the swap done, also with engine swaps, try planning everything out, and be sure to have some extra cash handy, because you never know what'll go wrong, or what you may need, in addition, it's also easier to build the engine up while it's out of the car, get it ported and polished, new pistons, new cams, that kind of stuff, anyway, good luck with your swap bro

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
level 10 parts + install will costs u more than a 5spd swap

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
i thought about that swap to to replace my d16, but the h23 has a cast iron crankshaft and breaks easier

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i'm just going to stick with my f22 motor and have honda race engines do a full head job and then get some eagle rods and je or some f20 11:1 compression pistons. I will be satisfied then. I'll use an h22 automatic but i'm going to do this in about 4-5 months after i get the money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts