Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I new to preludes. I might be trading a guy that has a 1992 prelude with a F-22 motor. I've been trying to find out if you can make decent power for daily driving.. I was wondering If put a h22 head or a h23 head what kind of Performance would I be looking at. I know f22s only have like 135 hp stock. Or would I be better off swapping in a full h22? I'm wanting close to 200 whp.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
do whats called a G23 setup, H23 block, F22 tranny. You got it half done already :btu

Also, google has fantastic results for head swap questions, some are more powerful then others, but others still are better for boost. 200HP can be done on stock internals assuming the motor makes good compression and you have the motor tuned very well. A bad tune wont make 200whp last too long

· Registered
908 Posts
the only thing i would be sceptical about is that the f22a that came in the preludes redline at 6250 the h23 is 6500 so u have a bottom end that i would rev to around that maybe a little higher you put a head from a h22 on that makes its peak power after that ur going to risk spinning a bearing or messing something up. however u can get the f22 bottom end balanced so it can rev that high BUT ur going to get into some money then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.