Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright here it is, i have a 95 accord lx with the f22 non-vtech engine, before i do headers and exhaust i wanna make sure im not gonna decide to do an h22 and basicly waste all my money on the headers and shit. should i go ahead and just save up for a h22 swap which will prob run me like 3g, or just work on the f22 i have now and save up for a turbo or SC

any suggestions would be great

by the way, i have 127k miles on it, timing belt/water pump all those replaced about 3k ago, always serviced, and runs great

· Registered
9 Posts
EXACTLY,,

no SC for F22... turbo would be fast, but the F22 would have to spend some time on a dyno to get it making decent HP without a build up. I have seen some F22, fully built makeing great HP though.

start with a good foundation... H22 or H23

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thats the downside, id go turbo over h22 also, same amount of money and the h22 will only give me like 50 hp more, but considering i have 127k on the engine... that might make me buy a new f22 if the turbo blows mine out

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will do, even tho it will a be while for either one, my insurance payment is coming up soon and u guys have an idea of how much it is for a 17 year old with a few tickets under his belt ;)

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i run like 6 - 8 psi, how much hp or torque would that put out?

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sweet

thats perfect, much better then spending 3-5 k on the h22, and having even less hp then turbo, and even if i blow my engine... its not that big of a deal couse ill just get a f22b for less then 800

ya thats def. what im gonna do

thanks guys

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
y

y would getting the swap be better? id spend more money, and get less hp? that doesnt make a whole lotta sense

· Registered
24 Posts
Dude you need to really think about what you're doing and don't make a decision in haste. How do you figure that you're going to pay between 3-5k for a h22a? You can get a complete swap for around $2400 then depending on if you do the swap yourself or pay to have it done, you may be out another $1000. It shouldn't get into the 5k range though. If you were to get a h22a, you're starting out with a low milage strong motor, 200 hp.

You then have 3 choices, 1: spend probably at least 5k or more building an all-motor engine, 2: spend 5k doing a turbo just on the stock motor no buildup, and I'm talking doing it right not cutting any corners. Say you run it safely at around 8psi, that gives you appox. 80 hp, or 3: get a n2o wet kit and run a 75 shot, and do it right for around 2k and be just as fast or faster. By the way I just did a swap on my 95 accord that had the f22b2 for the h22a. I'm opting for #3.

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did u pay to have it done or diy?

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there u go, ur taking off like 1-1.5g, theres no way in hell me or anyone of my buddies could do the swap ourselves, unless ofcourse u and ur buddy wanna help me out?

· Registered
3,192 Posts
if u wanna do a brokeman's turbo setup which really isnt quite bad do what 'sho akkord' is doing, a jdm f22b dohc w/ a mitsu turbo. a jdm f22b dohc are cheap and ive seen them as low as $900 w/ complete install. they put at 160hp to the crank and w/ about 8psi thats like around 240... you can scavenge mitsu turbo and turbo manifold which i would think would cost under 9bills? and then get the rest of the stuff like FMIC, piping, and what not new...

over at HS a dude named 'Team Elusive' had that setup. pretty impressive

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.