Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The question is now to get a sponsor to pay for the top end parts or do it my self and where thr money really is going is axles and aem standalone that were around 4k is going shipped of corse for the rest of the parts and do it myself im looking at another 4k all in all thats 8k for a completely built single cam crx I dont think thats to bad but I just dont have 8k laying around. But I can try to get driveshaft shop to sponsor the axles and aem to sponsor the ecu so itd only be 4k I just wanna get it done by next season of racing that gives me til march 2012

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I wouldn't invest in a stand alone like that. There are people who can tune OBD1 Honda ECU's without that. An s300 from Hondata tuned would be a better investment. If you can find some stronger steel solid pipe, and know how to weld, you might be able to make your own axles for a good price too. But its up to you, lol, I can build from scratch with the right parts and tools, but again, that's me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I can to its just a matter of spendin the cash to have a warrentee or risking losing the money if mine breaks but high 9s with a under 8k build not tomany people can do that expecially here in hawaii

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Yeah, breaking into the 9 mark would be cool. Although there's a lot need to be legally allowed to do that. Lol. I just can't wait until I get more money, all this talk and also one in another thread are making me itch to build a car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I know the feelin I got these two car because my boy up thr mountain needed help with his car and I was like what you doing with them he said nothing why and bam it hit me bad ass single cam that noone has here then put that in a 1500 pound crx and hello 9s but yea I no theres a lot to it legally but hell here under 10.5 gets you kicked out without the right safty shit so hit the 9s one pass then deal with the safty aspect later lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Yeah that used to be my problem till I got rid of everything then started up again so they no I don't have parts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I just found the cheapest deal on all the parts 6k everything shipped from 4 different sites and less if I can get my boys shop to buy it all whole sale. That's about as good as it gets as far as I can see. Now how do I get the 6k...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts