Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basicly i wanted to ask what all i would need to do for a f22 to crx swap what will i need?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nothing wrong with an F22 swap, have you ever seen Bisi's car? fastest all motor single cam FWD in the world with an F22, any more beef with the motor? It would be just like doing an H22 swap which requires cutting old mounts out, welding in new ones, swaping to prelude style shifter, and of course wiring your car to run the motor(pretty simple wiring). There are some choices when it comes to the tranny, you can use an accord tranny(tall gears) prelude tranny (nice gears but $$$) then theres the B series trannys which are stronger, better gearing options, cheaper, more abundand, easier to fit, etc. Theres a kit called H2B which will allow you to mate any H or F series engine to a B series tranny for the ultimate ease of install into a CRX. of choice, do a search you will find their site. Biggest issue of fitting an H/F into a CRX is the size of the H or F series tranny, they are huge and require cutting into the frame rail, with a B tranny you shouldn't have to, I would love to see this swap done. DO IT, pay no mind to the haters, keep us updated

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
AK_CRX said:
Nothing wrong with an F22 swap, have you ever seen Bisi's car? fastest all motor single cam FWD in the world with an F22, any more beef with the motor? It would be just like doing an H22 swap which requires cutting old mounts out, welding in new ones, swaping to prelude style shifter, and of course wiring your car to run the motor(pretty simple wiring). There are some choices when it comes to the tranny, you can use an accord tranny(tall gears) prelude tranny (nice gears but $$$) then theres the B series trannys which are stronger, better gearing options, cheaper, more abundand, easier to fit, etc. Theres a kit called H2B which will allow you to mate any H or F series engine to a B series tranny for the ultimate ease of install into a CRX. of choice, do a search you will find their site. Biggest issue of fitting an H/F into a CRX is the size of the H or F series tranny, they are huge and require cutting into the frame rail, with a B tranny you shouldn't have to, I would love to see this swap done. DO IT, pay no mind to the haters, keep us updated
sounds like he summed it nicely. :)

bisi's car is a beast.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
AK_CRX said:
I apologize, but it was an extremely common, and even more so vague question implying the poster didn't want to do the least of research themselves.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya thats why i decided on the f22 (bisi) but for blacksol i know most of what i needed to do as in the h22 to crx motor mounts but i wasnt sure on the tranny and ecu and my question was pretty straight forward i needed to know what i needed for the swap wtf do you want me to ask and its not that common.

thanks for the help (the ones that had consructive things to say)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i plan on turboing it this is my future setup

XT (raceeng) :85.0mm/8.8:1 f22 pistons
CRoWeR BILLET RODs:f22 rods
DARTON FLANGED SLEEVEs:F22
new cam, not sure yet any suggestions?
P&P+3 angle valve job (all done free from my friends shop)
d series cable si tranny w/ bisi adaptor plate
clutch masters stage 2 or 3 clutch kit
head studs
tuned ecu by same friend
h22 intake mani & tb
450 injectors
not sure on turbo (but not a kit)
custon ic piping
some bov maybe greedy but it will be whatever i stumble across
tial wastgate
25 lbs of boost!!

should be fast.....

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
FLSol138 said:
ya thats why i decided on the f22 (bisi) but for blacksol i know most of what i needed to do as in the h22 to crx motor mounts but i wasnt sure on the tranny and ecu and my question was pretty straight forward i needed to know what i needed for the swap wtf do you want me to ask and its not that common.

thanks for the help (the ones that had consructive things to say)
Sraightforward?? Yeah I'll give you that but it was still an extremely vague question. You didn't specify about anything whatsoever. What do I need if I want to do an f22 motor swap? Thats pretty damn broad man. And yes questions from people asking what they need to install(put name of engine X here) in their car, are indeed quite common. Anyways sorry if I came off as an ass, good luck w/ your project, sounds like you've got your work cut out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya man i understand what u wer saying and it was pretty broad but i needed all the answers ya know, its cool though,ya its gonna be a while before i swap it in, i still got to build the engine....thanks

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
FLSol138 said:
ya man i understand what u wer saying and it was pretty broad but i needed all the answers ya know, its cool though,ya its gonna be a while before i swap it in, i still got to build the engine....thanks
Do you actually already have the engine? Or do you still have to order it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i have it i got it from a friend for free it is a f22b6 and from what ive read it has 146 hp 137 tq vtec and it came from and odyssey 94-97 or something like that

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DeathIsCertain said:
I think its from the Accord, actually.....

no, actually it from an odyssey

some proof...
F22B1
This engine was used in the 1994-1997 Honda Accord EX and Acura 2.2CL. It was the first F engine to feature VTEC. The F22B6 in the 1995-1997 Honda Odyssey and the F22B8 in the Honda Shuttle are substantially similar.

Specifications

Bore × Stroke: 85.0 × 95.0 mm
Displacement: 2156 cc
Valve Configuration: SOHC, 16 valves, VTEC
Compression ratio: 9.2:1
Max power: 145 hp (108 kW) @ 5500 rpm
Max torque: 147 ft·lbf (199 Nm) @ 4500 rpm

here is the site to where i got the info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine

thank you

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
people dont know, It is my sworn duty to let the honda world know the potential! lol

ya thats what i thought too. lol

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
AK_CRX said:
Nothing wrong with an F22 swap, have you ever seen Bisi's car? fastest all motor single cam FWD in the world with an F22,.....

you left out mentioning its not only that but...

the worlds fastest full unibody FWD car [email protected] i believe.

all done on gasoline.

shows you what using your head and not your wallet can do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bisi=my idol lol seriously,no one relizes potential

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.