Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello anyone can help me with the ECU wiring on this swap

94 accord (F22 non-vetc) with a 2001 F23 Vtec engine.
The wiring is a little bit different but not much. A friend of mine took on this project now he is stuck on the wiring. Must than likely I think he should wire the vtec solenoid to the ECU but I don't know how to help him. Anyone with an ECU chart highly helpful.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
whoa....the wiring isn't a little different....IT'S A LOT DIFFERENT

94 is obd1
01 is obd2

too much headache isn't worth it, imo. but if he wants to continue, i believe they make conversion harnesses. but i doubt they have step up from obd1 to obd2 for this application

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspected this Reply

Thanks for the reply.
I suspected the ODBII issue but didn't recall the year OBDII started, anyhow thanks again for the valuable support, hopefully this info could help anyone attempting such a faulty swap.
Regards

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
the easiest way to do this swap and skip the OBD2->OBD1 junk and save your friend a huge headache since the f22b1/f22b2 and the f23 have interchangable manifolds, is get the f23 longblock bolt on the f22 manifolds (intake mani, exhaust mani etc..) and use the f22 sensors and fuel injectors and distributor. it wont be much wiring besides the VTEC because you are still using all the f22 sensors, dizzy, and injectors.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks besides that is one Dope Accord

Your Accord is such a nice example of vehicle, that I am printing the photo to show my friend.
Thank you for your comments, the entire swap although not as a high yielding power swap at least is becoming a feasible project or better a testament of Honda parts interchangeability. Thanks and please send more pics of your ride.

·
Registered
682 Posts
why dont u just use a EX ECU off of a 94 EX and then just tune it a little.... call NATE at www.RMS-USA.com , he did this swap......

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
thier-b16 said:
Your Accord is such a nice example of vehicle, that I am printing the photo to show my friend.
Thank you for your comments, the entire swap although not as a high yielding power swap at least is becoming a feasible project or better a testament of Honda parts interchangeability. Thanks and please send more pics of your ride.
not my ride, one that i idolize. its tom leppers USTCC back to back championship winning accord.

www.ustcc.com/
www.ustcc.com/DRIVERS/THOMAS_LEPPER.html

the f22bx -> f23 does not need a OBD conversion harness if you use the f22 manifolds and sensors since they are all interchangable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
F22 to F23 swap conversion complete

I have a question in this forum:

Well I am using my brother's account to complete the swap on a 94 Honda Accord and ask a question in this forum. The accord is running like a new car with an F23 vtec motor from a 2001 honda accord. To make the conversion simple, we use the intake manifold from the 94 motor and all the sensor components. We are using a computer from a Vtec 94 accord which is plug and play. My question is the following:

How do I wire the Vtec solenoid from the 2001 F23 vtec engine into the 94 vtec computer?. I am a Mazda fan and know nothing of Hondas at all. However, this is my first honda conversion and I must say I like it a lot. I will like somebody to explain or diret me to a website in order to connect the vtec solenoid.
Thanks very much and please reply to me pronto. I am planning to complete the project by the end of the week.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
if the old motor didn't have vtec then you can't use that computer to wire it up.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
try wiring the vtec soleniod to pin A4 and the vtec pressure switch to pin D6 on the ECU.

i dont know if the f23 have the o2 and egr pins swapped like in 5th gens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts