Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to swap an h23 in place of my f22 sohc non vtec. I would appreciate it if someone would let me know what i need to change for the swap. I know i will need the wiring harness, the ecu, i don't know if i can use my tranny. If you could help me out in any way that would be awesome. Or maybe a link to a forum of some kind. Anything thanks.

·
Registered
201 Posts
H23.........hmmm I have no idea why you would need to change the wiring harness, isn't the h23 non-vtec? is it a different OBD than the current f22b your currently running ? You can use the F series transmission as it is compatible with all H and F series engines except the RWD F20C. I would recommend that you change the clutch while your at it, it's an easy thing to do and if you do it later, it'll be a bitch. Everything is pretty much the same with the H series, depending on what year your (I'm presuming this is an accord) you might need to shave the mount a lil' to get it to fit. If you're short on cash you might want to check out an article in the latest or upcoming issue of Honda Tuning they do a swap from F22b single cam to the F22B2 Double Cam Non-Vtec version, the longblock itself usually runs for about 650 and last time I checked I think the crank horsepower output is about the same, only real difference in the end is the displacement.... and as usual arm yourself with a service manual, if you go to some place like auto zone I would recommend that you get both haynes and chilton, because one manual usually has the information the other is missing. However if you want a better manual just spend the extra cash and get one from helms they're far better than the toilet paper they print for the average joe

·
Registered
201 Posts
and on that other engine I'm not completely sure of the code but it's an F series non-vtec, dual cam just search and in the forums you should be able to find the code

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how hard would it be to put that h23 into a civic hatchback. and by the way, the car that I was talking about was a prelude to swap it in. I'm thinking of selling my prelude and getting another civic and puttin the h23 in that. I totalled my first one. :cry Someone hit me hard.

·
Registered
201 Posts
It's not a swap for the faint of heart because there are alot of parts that you'll need to upragde in order to get it running right.
The fuel line connection on the prelude is on the opposite side when you compare it to the one on the civic, you'll need something like an Aem fuel rail in order to use the civic fuel system. You'll also need to enlarge the opening for the shifter housing to mount either an accord or prelude shifter. You'll need cable shift linkage, as that particular year of civic as well as most others uses rod linkage. You'll need a mount kit (Hasport), and either an F or H series transmission if you've just got the long block. You'll need to solder the wires from the H Series alternator to wires from the civic harness. You will also need to change the inner cv joints to place in the trans/ intermediate shaft .

I'm sure there are some other parts that I'm forgetting I'm sure, but just search the net there are a ton of articles if you need anymore help finding information just PM me. For what it's worth if I were you I would just swap in a B16 (even if it's like somewhere between 89-91) and do what you have to do to upgrade, if you're set on having a car with a swap in it; and you'd also have a better power to weight ratio......

But in the end it's all up to you and what kind of project you want.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright this forum seems really knowledgeable and im hoping somebody can lend a hand....

I got a 92 accord lx coupe and i just swapped an h23 in place of the stock f22 non vtec...

I got all the wiring done i used the accord harness but however i can't get any spark to the plugs i tried jumping the yellow/ and yellow/black wires on the external coil harness to give power to the internal and still nothing....

what else could be the problem?

·
Registered
964 Posts
not to sound like a dick but did the engine run before you put it in?

·
Registered
964 Posts
nice job. now go to the track and give us some numbers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.