Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a 92 prelude si, I live in Michigan and the car was in Florida so I flew down there expecting to see the standard h23 motor like my last one I had but instead I found a f22a1 block with a h23 dohc head which sparked my curiosity and I ended up purchasing the car. Also I would like to mention the motor runs perfect and actually drove me 1200 miles back to Michigan with no issues.
However I do have a few questions I can't seem to find the answer to. Apparently this has been done quite a bit but I am having the hardest time finding any actual specs to what this motor can produce from what I have found is just by swapping the head which is most likely done I have found anywhere from 130hp to 230hp and really I'm just trying to find out if anybody knows anybody that may have had this done or is familiar with it. The car does feel slower then my h23 but it may just be me. Also what modifications can I make to my new toy to gain some power?
Any comments or opinions helps.

·
Registered
823 Posts
What you have there is known as a G22 frank. I would say anywhere from 130-140whp. Go get a 3 dyno pull from any of your local performance shop and see how much she puts down.

You can get your cams regrind from WEBs, or check out Bisimoto. I think thats where Bisi get his cams done too; from WEBs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts