Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need major support on this question!! I have a 90 Honda accord stoch with a f22a. I just replace the engine with a new transmission & a few days after driving it around....my engine blew up!! What the~!!!!!!!!!!! Okie that doesn't matter..just thought you guys wanted to know. The real case is....I plan on buying a new engine....to be exact a f22b dohc straight from Japan which I heard swap right in the 90+ honda accord using OEM engine mounts. But I'm only planning on buying the long block.....and hoping that it would bolt right in with my 90 honda accord tranny. Is this possible......can all f series engine and tranny bolt right in????? Your help will be appreciated......thanks!!!= )

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Damn I'm surprised people know about that engine I believe they will bolt up. If not I know where you can get the motor and tranny and ECU I think maybe he even has the harness not sure on that. The guys name is Kenshi, he is a former employer of mine and here is his number: (559) 582-2785 call him he can get you what you need for that swap. His brother lives in Japan and that's his shipping connection. He has a F22B sitting in the shop right now if I'm not mistaken. Peace!

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently just found out about it. Amazing....isn't it..HAHAHAH!! Well yeah the engine itself produce about 160hp.....and 150 torgue....I believe. Pretty good for a f22b...especially the fact thats its DOHC. I did plan on getting the Single vtec.....but for the same price as a F22b DOHC.....I'll take the DOHC over a single vtec anytime!! These engine(long block) average around....$700 to $900. I'm getting the dohc for $700....out the door= ) What you think?? It sound like a deal to me! For sure I'll smoke all those lil' b16....with vtec or no vtec= ) VRooM~! VRooM~! VRooM~!

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait...tell me if I'm mistaken....do you have a Jdm f22b DOHC?? At the moment you're installing a turbo?? If soo......what do you think you'll hit in the guarter mile. How I look at it is....since the Integra LS motor with turbo....makes a good combination......think about how fast the f22b DOHC in a Honda Accord with turbo....run!!!!! From my perspective......I think you'll get a good time with this motor...no doubt! :D

· Registered
247 Posts
OhhDee253 said:
Wait...tell me if I'm mistaken....do you have a Jdm f22b DOHC?? At the moment you're installing a turbo?? If soo......what do you think you'll hit in the guarter mile. How I look at it is....since the Integra LS motor with turbo....makes a good combination......think about how fast the f22b DOHC in a Honda Accord with turbo....run!!!!! From my perspective......I think you'll get a good time with this motor...no doubt! :D
Yeah...i got a JDM F22B and custom turbo setup /w stand alone fuel mgmt...=D...still in shop though...

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sho akkord said:
Yeah...i got a JDM F22B and custom turbo setup /w stand alone fuel mgmt...=D...still in shop though...
Did you use your tranny from your 90-93 Honda accord or did you have to buy another tranny that actually fits a F22b DOHC.....??

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you think the engine would bolt in with my 90-93 tranny? You know any site that shows a pic of the engine and tranny? Gosh I feel like I'm asking soo much......bear with me please..I'm just doing my hw....:p

· Registered
155 Posts
would this be a good replacement motor for a 95 accord or would it be better just to get the f22 single cam vtec motor with lower mileage? i've been lookin at this motor, cause they have it on ebay for around $700 with tranny, ecu and everything else needed.

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OhhDee253 said:
Do you think the engine would bolt in with my 90-93 tranny? You know any site that shows a pic of the engine and tranny? Gosh I feel like I'm asking soo much......bear with me please..I'm just doing my hw....:p
Single Vtec isn't as strong as DOHC and plus the f22b makes 20 hp more......think about it. For example a GSR motor doesn't run completely well with turbo....but a LS DOHC motor run great with turbo...and much faster!! Like I said...I would take the DOHC over any single vtec....but thats a totally different story. I dunno reallie...its up to you..do you like the feeling of vtec.....or ...are you trying to run turbo....this i prefer F22b DOHC. Oh yeah..I seen it on Ebay...and try to bid as much as 300.....but I keep getting outbid so I gave up. I only seen one on Ebay......it come with a automatic tranny though.....is this what you want?

· Registered
247 Posts
yeah...good engine for the 95 accord...good for turbo too and if you blow it...its not that much to get another one...

but ive gotten new pistons, thicker headgasket, and resleeved my f22b already...so i dont want it to blow...hehe

as for boltin on /w the 4th gen tranny...should work fine...i know people running h23 trannies and h22 trannies /w the f22 motor and vice versa...f22 tranny /w h22 or h23 motors...

· Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
krazynuttz23 said:
where can I find this motor? Man, I want one now so bad cuz it's hella cheap and good for tubo!! It will fit a 96 accord right?
Cheap!! Bolt right in using your OEM engine mounts...and beat any b16 engine. YOu can find it on Ebay right now for 700. I don't know any site...at the moment..but if I found out...I'll be sure to put a link to it for you. You won't regret getting this engine....peace~!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.