Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, the f22b1 is supposed to redline at 6200-6500 rpm right? i have an automatic and when i floor it, it seems to redline at like 4500rpm, even when in nuetral andthen i rev it, it wont rev passed 4500rpm, can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
The slushbox, i mean automatic transmission is controlled by the computer so id say see if its throwing any codes.

try reseting your computer by disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes then take it out and run it HARD for 20 minutes and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would it work too if i took out the ECU fuse under the hood nad let it sit for 10 minutes then put it back and started it up and ran it hard? would that be the same thing? cuz it would be re-setting the ECU right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
same idea but your complicating something simple by searching out fuses, The ecu fuse in an accord is REALLY sensitive. The smallest short will blow it. I tend to keep my paws off the ecu fuse and stick with the battery cables. Its more acessible and less risky. you cant blow fuses if there is no power.

You'll know if you blow it because your speedometer will stop working and your dash will light up like a christmas tree.

your not redlining at 4500 the red line is an arbitrary point on the tach. Unless your hiting a limiter your just shifting low.

most auto's wont shift very high.. if you want to shift at the red line you could try seeing how high it will let you go by putting your auto in first winding it up then clicking to second.

Good luck man

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Type_SH RaCer said:
Might be a governor! Why are you reving that high?
there is no way that the governor is kicking in every gear, its the ecu that has a problem. Reseting it wont help either, he needs a new one. What kind of question is "why are you reving that high?" If he wants to let him rev.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i shift manually, when i put it in first and run through hte gears, even when i push it til it wont go any further, it wont go passed maybe 4500-5000, somewhere between there

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
JDM_Honda said:
there is no way that the governor is kicking in every gear, its the ecu that has a problem. Reseting it wont help either, he needs a new one. What kind of question is "why are you reving that high?" If he wants to let him rev.
By all means if he wants to; I wont be stoping him. Just dont wanna hear about anything going boom!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok this may be dumb, but why would my engine go "boom" revving it to 6000rpms when redline on my engine is supposed to be 6200? so i doubt its gonan go "boom"

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
That’s a lot of stress on you engine and it doesn’t have to be a high RPM. I was reving my old car an 89’ civic and the head gas blew!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Damn, thats sucks :eek . Thats why I always watch out for the redline.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive noticed that it seems like the car starts to lose power/pull at around 5k anyways, so i guess i dont need it to go further than that, cuz once its get to 5 its not pulling its just like revving really hard, and i kinda let off hte gas a little so it can shift(does anyone else have to do that?)

·
Registered
160 Posts
at 5000 my goodness something is wrong. on the f22b1 thats about where you should be making peak torque. get your engine checked 'cuz thats not right.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
there's really no point in being that high on the rpms. you don't go faster up there. it's basically a waste of gas. oh and most older oem tachs get really inaccurate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts