Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
stupid question, but i couldn't find it thru search

i own a dx model accord (99) and it is rated for like 135 hp, i seen from looking arounf the internet that the lx and ex came with v.t.e.c still 2.3l and an extra 15 ponies, along with better fuel mileage. my question is are these the same motor and would the fix be as easy adding in the v.t.e.c head?
is it worth it, it's just a daily driver?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasn't so much wondering if it was worth it, just if they are the same motor with a different head? and anyone ever try that resistor mod for IAT suppose to knock you up 15-20 horses as well

·
Registered
579 Posts
Resistor Mod

I actually have a few of these resister chips if you would like one for free. All they do is tell your car its Cold Outside so you cars fuel/air mix runs rich. One thing the people who sells these mods will not tell you on Ebay is that the mod does not work at Wide Open Throttle which means.........there is no gain. The same power is there even if you do not own the chip but once the chip is in place you start getting crappy gas mileage. I tried the chip and took it out a week later. Heck the only reason I even popped the 4 bucks for the chip was on a bet I had with my buddy that in fact they were bogus......well I won 30 bucks so I became a richer man in the end. :D

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
so if it's bogus, why are you even bothering giving it to someone else. it's a crock of shit modification, so just flush it down the toilet where shit belongs.

also, the blocks are slightly different. not just the heads...actually they're practiaclly two different motors. vtec doesn't add the power.....various things in and around the motor do. vtec is just there to help save gas.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ultra

Duh stupid........some people are going to waste money on the crap even if they think its bogus just in hopes in will do something magical to there engine for next to nothing. Why not hook someone up with the thing for free so they dont waste 4 bucks or even more on a 15 cent resistor. Obviously someone doesn't care to help people save money on this site. :bh

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
i am helping him save money.....the chip is bound to fuck shit up in the long run....which leads to costly repairs......so by stopping the source of the problem, i'm helping him save money on future repairs :idiots

·
Registered
579 Posts
whatever you say, your obviously the one who is right, I guess my ASE means crap compared to the words of a moderator on an internet forum.

The chip does damage huh? First I have heard of this, this chip burns up in about 3 months so I guess your version of longterm is around 90 days. Alot of people have run there cars rich for alot longer than that on a daily basis. :bh

Cherish every moment man, I guess you live in the fast lane..........rock out

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
yah, i guess my 5 years of car tuning means shit, huh? these ebay style resistor chips are a crock of shit and aren't worth the effort at all. just don't even bother with it.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
well you were offering it to someone, and that's not cool. that's like selling some poor shmoe a set of heavily used race wheels....its just unethical.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Right man, unethical to give someone something for free......absolutely oh mighty ultra......how you are always right........my.... what was I thinking? Why doesn't everyone just waste time posting you messages.....oh now I remember.....some people have better things to do. :rolleyes

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
so if i gave you bat for free for the sole purpose of bashing in your windshield and hood, would that be considered ethical? no. same w/ this chip. if you know it's bad and a waste of time, why give it to someone? it's unethical. oh and we don't need any of that sarcastic shit here on sho. you can take all that crap to whatever other board, but we won't have it here. consider yourself warned.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
I can wipe my ass with your ASE patch....

same ASE fuckers screwed up my tranny twice...oh ya..they worked for honda too...same idiots that said that cleaning the injectors would fix the burned valve in my dad's crv...

i just got done eating, can i borrow your ASE patch real quick?

you might have a diploma, but even the special ed kids got them in school.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
we're just trying to protect members, by a person that SHOULD know there is no point in giving problems away that will bring hassle and anger to others...theres no point, punto if you're spanish.:p

·
Registered
579 Posts
who is more sarcastic ultra , me or you?

you guys are just punks dude, grow up.

&
Peace out guys to all those who are here to help others, glad to see some good people on here along with the "know it alls"

:byye

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
omg....now this is getting retarded :td thread closed :idiots what a waste of a thread.

and what a waste of a patch....that could have gone to a boyscout who actually does help people, unlike this moron who wants to give away problems :td

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.