Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help. I got a Gude Headpackage for my f23a1...vtec of course. The cam doesnt seem to do much...and i NEED a strong strong cam to get better gains...does anyone know who can do custom cam jobs for a decent price? I need to call Bill Gude up and talk/bitch to him....cuz I dont feel any gains really....nice port n polish headjob....but cam is just...stock I think...bastard...

Someone? Anyone? Thanks....I need a GOOD cam....I think i might call CompCamp, Engle(never know) Crane Cams to see if they can do a custom one.....
THanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, just checked em out, thank appreciate it...dont buy Gude their cams suck ass....just a stock cam...not much dif from stock...pffff

http://gude.com/Cams/cam_accord.html

On the bottom Life n Duration Intake and exhaust for our vtec cams....I have no idea what our stock is....I cant find them...

any help again? stock life/duraction Intake/exhausT?

Thanks. I want a good GOOD difference....

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
9JordonFlex9 said:
I need some help. I got a Gude Headpackage for my f23a1...vtec of course. The cam doesnt seem to do much...and i NEED a strong strong cam to get better gains...does anyone know who can do custom cam jobs for a decent price? I need to call Bill Gude up and talk/bitch to him....cuz I dont feel any gains really....nice port n polish headjob....but cam is just...stock I think...bastard...

Someone? Anyone? Thanks....I need a GOOD cam....I think i might call CompCamp, Engle(never know) Crane Cams to see if they can do a custom one.....
THanks again
Lose weight, strip the car to hell, learn to drive better, lighten the flywheel, get smaller wheels, get nitrous or turbo or swap h22 to feel a difference.

Call up gude and talk to him or bitch to him, I need a good laugh. He'll more than likely overcharge you or hang up on you.

Your wish for better gains from some crazy cam are beyond reason. Having such a gain would result in almost unstreetable idle and really shitty gas mileage. You have an accord, treat it as such. You want a huge gain? Go buy a teg, wrx, sti, or porsche

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its an accord, treat it as such....that comes out of the most anti car enthusiast person. Nonstreetable? Unattainable? Your acting like I want 50hp gains...you really just come on here and act like your head hancho the gay *** in charge.

Simple enough equation, cam is the heart, I want the heart to be STRONG as other parts....im not just goin to slap a damn turbo on and push 8psi....your the kind of person to take the short way out of things....lets just put some damn nos in it, spray it with 100 shot man!!! nos is great, but i would never....

You dont have any idea what I want to do with the car....so dont act like it isnt possible....I have seen crazier things done to a car then just a nice cam gain....and who said, like before, I want it daily driveable? Nothing again, you know....

Your very smart also, suggesting a factory turboed car..just push up the boost and off you go, very satisfying, I would love to have a wrx for fun...but it isnt as satisfying as building one up....so maybe you should think before you post...people like you are srt4 owners n dickheads like that....learn to respect people....

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Sorry about some of the members on here, but in the same breath, welcome to SHO. I don't think anybody makes an aftermarket cam for the F23, so it must be either a regrind or the stock cam. What are your horsepower goals?
TSM_Pikachu said:
Lose weight, strip the car to hell, learn to drive better, lighten the flywheel, get smaller wheels, get nitrous or turbo or swap h22 to feel a difference.

Call up gude and talk to him or bitch to him, I need a good laugh. He'll more than likely overcharge you or hang up on you.

Your wish for better gains from some crazy cam are beyond reason. Having such a gain would result in almost unstreetable idle and really shitty gas mileage. You have an accord, treat it as such. You want a huge gain? Go buy a teg, wrx, sti, or porsche
You recommend stripping the car but not getting an aftermarket cam? The idle doesn't really change until the cam is in stage 2 territory, and even then, it's streetable. Gas mileage is not affected that much either. White98LS has Crower stage 2 cams in his B18b and gets above 30mpg.

He would need to "learn to drive" better only if he was to autocross, and when you're on the track, the skills come no matter what.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was curious also if another series cam fit into mine...Im sure no one really tried it..seeing how the F series is the least fav for tuners. :(

Id like to see a good 20hp 20tq gain, i KNOW its possible...easily

Also I wont swap...swaps=nice, but not for me :p cuz the f23 has potential....like everyone knows, a good 260whp is attainable....but suspension HAS to be upgraded, its so bad....haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.