Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you guys had problems with your factory exhaust? my exhaust sounds like its' been chopped in half! i took at a look at it and saw no cracking.. however it does sound like its coming from that cat. I also have a friend who is experiencing the same problem.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't think its a leak. It sorta sounds like an aftermarket exhaust, but with rattles.

Its a 97. I think a lot of the 5 gen accords have the same problem with the factory exhaust.. cause i always hear it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i got the same problem except i have aftermarket exhaust system i look at it and it was the res so igot a guy to rip it outa there and put piping in it's place it sounds better an louder but you could easily just take some kauk type stuff at lowes called great stuff and just patch it up if it is a hole thats what i did until i got my res removed

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i check all the brackets and everything.. i can pin point the location where the crappy noise is coming from.. and it sounds like its coming from the cat. but thanks shagysteve i'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
prob. a leak .. I just took my exhaust off to replace w. a tanabe system and the OE one was all rusted and was pretty leaky near the center flex section. if you have that farting noise .. its prob. a leak around the header / cat.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha i think i HAD the RPM buzz problem.. but now my exhaust sounds like crap at any RPM. well thanks for everybodys' help.. this is my beater so theres not use in replacing exhaust and headers with aftermarket parts.. i'll probably just go to an exhaust shop and see if they can fix the prob..

·
Registered
1 Posts
teawins21 said:
do any of you guys had problems with your factory exhaust? my exhaust sounds like its' been chopped in half! i took at a look at it and saw no cracking.. however it does sound like its coming from that cat. I also have a friend who is experiencing the same problem.
I had the same problem on my 94 I resolved the problem by removing my heat shields. there bolted on around the cat. for extra protection and rub against the metal brace causing a big vibration! The cat. already has protection around it so i just took them off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.