Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have any advice on an alarm system. I'm new to this site and tried searching for info but came up with nothing.

I have a 2001 GSR with the chip in the key so I don't need starter kill but my biggest concern is an trunk button. Does anyone know if the factory alarm has a trunk release or know of a good option for a trunk release.

Thanks,:)

· Registered
103 Posts
If your remote has an "option" button it can be wired up. I know this can be done on Preludes and Accords, I assume it's the same alarm on the Integra. If your car has no power trunk than the alarm won't include that wire. So basically you just tap into that slot and use the wire to signal a relay which applies power to the trunk solenoid (which you'll need to add if you don't have one.)

· Registered
26 Posts
I suggest buying an aftermarket alarm if you do not already have the factory one. For the same price you can get a much better alarm system. The factory alarm is not going to have a shock sensor, which is a must, and with an aftermarket alarm you have many options as far as accessory channels, such as a trunk pop button.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the 2001 gsr has an electric trunk release on it or not. Whenever I open the trunk, I know there's a lever for it but it sounds like there is a relay of some sort in there opening it electronically. I looked at some alarms at various places but they all said that the integra could not be hooked up to a trunk button unless you add an electric trunk release which I have heard are notoriously bad.

· Registered
103 Posts
I use a $15 electric trunk release solenoid on my 93 Prelude, got it at partsexpress.com. They work fine but are a little bit of an eye sore. If your car doesn't have a trunk release button from the factory than you don't have one. I'd go with the aftermarket units, remote trunk release is SO convenient. I also agree on an aftermarket alarm if you haven't yet purchased, Clifford or DEI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.