Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kommon_sense said:
what other tires have you owned? What do you use these for? How long have you had them?
1. When it comes to the different performacne tires that I've owned these are the differnet brands Pirellis,Goodyears,Coopers,Michelins,Falken,Yokohamas,Toyos,Dunlops,Nitto's,Firestone's. I've even owned a few drag radials Mickey Thompsons,Hanooks,Hoosiers, BFG's.

2. I've only had one other tire on the Civic which was the Dunlop SP Sport FM901. I use the RT 615's primarily for city streets/canyon carving.

3. I've had the RT 615's on my EX Civic Coupe since 9/29/05 and let me reiterate "Absolutely the best gripping tire I've ever owned".

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I have had my set for about two weeks and I havent lost traction even once, which is amazing, first I had some relatively good Bridgestones and they were ok, then I got a brand callen Riken Raptor, the worst tires I have ever owned, even if I was not driving agressively I would loose traction, but these Falken's are unbelievable, I cant wait to Auto-X with these on, I would reccomend these to anyone for all season tires, A+++ :number1

·
Registered
329 Posts
*back from dead*

so these tires dont wear quick at all? Im planning on going with these tires come spring time, and I've read alot of great stuff. I will be going to the drag strip, and maybe a auto-x or two if I get a chance this season. I heard they're not the best for drag though. I had Nitto NT555's before and they were awesome!!! they wore out quick though. How long have you guys been on the Falken's? and about how much tread left? a maybe a little on your driving style so I can get a idea on how fast they wear.

·
Registered
936 Posts
mugenej8power said:
*back from dead*

so these tires dont wear quick at all? Im planning on going with these tires come spring time, and I've read alot of great stuff. I will be going to the drag strip, and maybe a auto-x or two if I get a chance this season. I heard they're not the best for drag though. I had Nitto NT555's before and they were awesome!!! they wore out quick though. How long have you guys been on the Falken's? and about how much tread left? a maybe a little on your driving style so I can get a idea on how fast they wear.
bump this question about. About to spend $350 for a set of 205/50/15 RT615's. How fast so they wear out? How many autocross seasons do you think they'll last?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
i97supratti said:
bump this question about. About to spend $350 for a set of 205/50/15 RT615's. How fast so they wear out? How many autocross seasons do you think they'll last?
well its been about 9 months for me and I actually cant see any tread wear, and Ive been trying to drift in them alot, these grip too well they make my car feel like its less powerfull now because I cant loose traction like before, I dont think you can beat these tires for the price, and I will be putting a set on my Bronze Track-R's also, no question, unless I can get those Khumos that give off red smoke when you drift or burn out, but thats not going to happen.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
i got the RT-615s on my integra and from what i see they are great they dont make any type of noise. i spun out in my integra but it was cuz my shocks where no good and i didnt even here one screech, it was about 30 degrees out side and the tires where cold but if they would have been warm i know it wouldnt have happend.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
with my daily commute of about 90 miles total, i will prove the longevity of my new tires, which incidentally, will autocross for the first time on this saturday...

size: 205/50/15 mounted on rota group n

so far, i've had them on for a week just driving back and forth to work...

QUIET tire for such an aggressive tread!
very smooth on the highway too!

i have "tested" their grip on some on and offramps in my area...
suffice to say, my chassis is not up to par with these tires' capabilities! :clappy

will let you all know further evaluations after autocrossing saturday!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
so i autocrossed this past saturday on my tires for the first time and had 7 runs total...

i took a picture of my left rear tire before and after each run...

here's a tire before any runs that day:

here's that same tire at the end of my 7th and last run of the day:

suffice to say, it went from relatively smooth, new-feeling, to a little less smooth and new-feeling :D

as for how they felt while in the heat of battle...

friggin' awesome!!!

put it this way...
from my previous post where i mentioned that it feels like my car's chassis is not up to par with these tires' grip capabilities...
it's the absolute truth...

i would need to seriously and significantly stiffen the chassis and add some sway bars, increase my spring and damper rates with a better set-up, etc, etc, etc...

it's hard to fathom that a tire as grippy as these are so smooth and quiet in daily driving and commuting!

in retrospect, i never drove hard enough, feeling unused to the grip levels afforded by these tires...
having been accustomed to ultra-high performance summer and all season tires, it's going to take more time to adjust to this max/extreme? compound.

under/oversteer don't seem to be an issue with my car except in the really tight hairpins where the car just seems to plow forever under power...

and in fast slalom transitions, the rear end gets rather squirrely, but nothing a good lift of the throttle can't fix...

with these tires, it just seems like i can push it more before it gets to that uneasy-feeling point...

as i attend more events and get accustomed to these tires, i'll further detail my thoughts and findings...

:number1

my trusty steed during a brief break between runs:

·
Registered
373 Posts
are u guys telling me that these falkens grip harder than drag radials?? i want to know because i'm deciding whether or not it would be worth it for me to spend the extra money on drag radials when i can get street tires for less money but retain the same amount of performance. (btw, i will mostly use the tires for spirited driving and drag racing) thanks.

1. When it comes to the different performacne tires that I've owned these are the differnet brands Pirellis,Goodyears,Coopers,Michelins,Falken,Yokohamas,Toyos,Dunlops,Nitto's,Firestone's. I've even owned a few drag radials Mickey Thompsons,Hanooks,Hoosiers, BFG's.

2. I've only had one other tire on the Civic which was the Dunlop SP Sport FM901. I use the RT 615's primarily for city streets/canyon carving.

3. I've had the RT 615's on my EX Civic Coupe since 9/29/05 and let me reiterate "Absolutely the best gripping tire I've ever owned".

·
Registered
974 Posts
for drag racing radials will be better. but they will also wear much quicker, and be useless when there is water on the road (though these are not good tires for water or snow)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
you couldn't exactly use drag radials for what most drivers call "spirited driving"...

unless your definition of spirited driving consists of stomping on the gas pedal occasionally on a straight stretch of road here and there...

mine involve tight, windy, variety of elevations, country roads... where grip in all facets of direction are needed... ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
my bad, i was more focused on drag racing type tires whereas most of you guys are refferring to auto xing type tires. and yes, i do agree these will probably offer the most when autoxing and that sort. what would you guys recommend for draging in terms of street tires/radials?? would u pay the extra money for drag radials?? and also, how would the azenis do when used for straightline performance??

·
Registered
20 Posts
ya i had those tires before. they are the best gripping tires in the world. only lasted me 7k miles tho. i now have continental dws. im supercharged and have excellent traction with those. they grip under all the power i have but handle not as good as the rt615 but handle very well

1 - 16 of 16 Posts