Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
had these tires for 4 weeks now..they are 10x better than my stocks...man...they really stick....also the price i got them for was great worth every penny...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just put these tires on my Accord, in 215/17/50. They seem like pretty good all seasons to me. I've driven in the snow twice, and they hold pretty well; not like a Blizax, but pretty good. I'm surprised to see such negative reviews here. What all seasons to people recommend? I almost went with Kuhmo ASX's, but these were MUCH cheaper.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I replaced the factory Bridgestone RE92s on my Sentra with these and what a freaking difference. I'm running 195/60 tires on 15" wheels and it's definetely a step up. Although the RE92s are complete crap in the first place. In the rain they do really well, which is one of the main reasons I bought them, haven't really tested them out on dry road though. For $47 per tire and free shipping I really couldn't be any happier with these.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I swapped to these tires about three weeks ago for winter. The Azenis was not going to cut in the snow. I like them, the ride is softer(softer side wall) a slight decrease in response(harder rubber and less contact area) and I haven't really pushed them hard on the street, because of low ambiant temps, (right around freezing) that makes that sort of stuff dangerous and the expensive gas. All in all a very smooth tire, quiet and worth the $260 dollars I paid for all four mounted and balenced. I certainly didn't exspect much from them comming off a summer of RT-215s, however for the winter and pothole season with my stiff supension, the ride quality is much better. So far I'm happy I hope they can deal with the snow well enought.

Azenis was 205/50/15
512 ziex is a 195/55/15

·
Registered
486 Posts
ok so after 3 months of having them on I have to say you get what you pay for. For the price, yes they are great, saves me money and I can drive all day with it. For performance wise, I'm just not confident in these tires since it seems to swerve on me a little during high speed (and It's in a control enviroment).

For the snow, they are not the best but bareable, well enough that I'm still alive and haven't had to call the tow truck yet...I live in MN incase you guys didn't know. I've been through the worse of the worse but this winter is not as bad as others but the tires are getting me places. Honestly some people are not good at driving in the snow anyways so even snow tires wont' help them. :p

I've had better tires but they were a lot more expensive too. All in all these tires are great for the wallet and non aggressive DD but just don't think your Paul Walker in them..... :bash

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have the ZIEX 512 on 17" wheels. They are good in dry weathers, not alot of road noise and ride quality is not good enough for my taste. I dont drive alot in rain cause 1> it doesnt rain alot in Vegas and 2> I have CAI but they have good traction in wet weather.

I'd give it 7.5/10 but wont buy them again

·
Registered
186 Posts
efsib16 said:
A friend of mine had a set of those Ziex. Maybe he got a bad set, but his were slick. They were scary in the rain. Just a bad set of tires.
i agree...i have them on all fours and they are not good tires in the rain. I like them in the dry but during the wet days plan on driving carefully..

·
Registered
201 Posts
512s

I had these on my 96 civic hatch and transfered them over to my 98 teg. These tires performed excellent/above average. I never had any problems with them in dry and stuck very well in wet, even burn rubber. Light snow, they didn't do bad either, but we have public transpo here so I don't drive much during the weeks it snows. The tire tread lasted about 2 years.

Based on my experience with these tires I would buy another set, if I couldn't find another comparable tire in the price range. $220 for set of 205/15s.

However there are other options that I can pursue and I am looking for a new set today with more $$$ to spend. The reason today that I'm not buying another set is b/c they wear terribly and as they wear they signifigantly lose grip. The reason I didn't drive my car today, b/c this past month everytime its rained I've gone slipping and sliding all over the place and I don't need to rear end anybody in rush hour how I drive!

Not to take anything away from the tire, b/c they are great, you just need to replace them b4 they begin to show signifigant signs of wear. Oh and the protective lip was a blessing in disguise protecting my rims!!! They did very well by me. I kept them balance/rotated every other month or everytime they felt 'off', with the 1 year rotation from NTB (gotta luv it).
I put about 35-38k on these puppies!

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I've had them on my 98 civic for about a month now. They are 205/40/17's witth the rim protector lip. That was actually the deciding factor on them. I was torn between the hankook k106's, toyo proxes fz4's and these tires. The Falken's also won a comparison test in consumer reports I believe. The are a great tire, I can't say much about treadwear, but they grip great in rain, light snow, and dry. I have them inflated to about 5psi under the max, and road noise is not too bad. My kumho 215/45/17 711's I had on my 240 were much louder. They didn't grip nearly as well, sidewalls felt soft, and wore out in about 10k miles, for about the same price. I'd reccomend the Falken ziex 512's to anybody looking for a good tire in a cheap price range.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
96silvercx said:
I had these on my 96 civic hatch and transfered them over to my 98 teg. These tires performed excellent/above average. I never had any problems with them in dry and stuck very well in wet, even burn rubber. Light snow, they didn't do bad either, but we have public transpo here so I don't drive much during the weeks it snows. The tire tread lasted about 2 years.

Based on my experience with these tires I would buy another set, if I couldn't find another comparable tire in the price range. $220 for set of 205/15s.

However there are other options that I can pursue and I am looking for a new set today with more $$$ to spend. The reason today that I'm not buying another set is b/c they wear terribly and as they wear they signifigantly lose grip. The reason I didn't drive my car today, b/c this past month everytime its rained I've gone slipping and sliding all over the place and I don't need to rear end anybody in rush hour how I drive!

Not to take anything away from the tire, b/c they are great, you just need to replace them b4 they begin to show signifigant signs of wear. Oh and the protective lip was a blessing in disguise protecting my rims!!! They did very well by me. I kept them balance/rotated every other month or everytime they felt 'off', with the 1 year rotation from NTB (gotta luv it).
I put about 35-38k on these puppies!
you can't be serious. the tread on mine lasted for ~10,000 miles-ish.
hrm, well, i guess you could not drive that much... but the treadlife sucks balls on these tires.just after a few weeks of having them the first two times (that's right, i gave 'em 2 chances) the tread had worn significantly

21 - 32 of 32 Posts