Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldn't find a thread about this game! Anybody picking it up when it comes out this week?:confused

I know Two_One_Six is getting it, and I have my copy already pre-ordered. I can't wait to walk around the Mojave Wilderness, but I'm not so sure it can live up to the story of the FO:3.

We'll see...:)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I hope it's better than the story in FO3. I have $30 down on my pre-order already. FO3's story was really short and could be beaten in about 3 hours. You were on a quest to find your dad (which you can walk right to the place to get him and skip the investigation) and then learned that he wanted to make a giant brita filter. An evil government computer is like "no" and takes it, then you're like "yes" and take it back, then a giant robot kills communists. Yeah, I hope it's way better.

Granted, the subquests were entertaining but had nothing to do with the main story at all. Finding a tree-man thing, a superhero and villain trying to duke it out in a town, giant firebreathing ants, and even the DLC was good. I especially enjoyed the point lookout stories.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOLS. I think it's better if the story isn't too complicated. When details get added to the mix it often ruins the "magic".

Here. I'll give you an example... Remember the way you felt when Qui-Gon explained how The Force worked...? That was a "derp derp" moment if there ever was one.:( It was better keeping it simple.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ARGH!! I got stuck in a rock at a very early stage of the game!!:mad

Why must Bethesda publish such fun, yet glitch filled games!? Oblivion had the same problems with enviromental collision detection, FO3 PS3 froze on me constantly, and now New Vegas...:mad

:fu

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
Did I hear there was problems with framerates lagging too?

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
:fear

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Danman: I was thinking that the video you posted must be from a pre-release version or a machinima. But then I read the guy's description...:lol2:(

Why am I not surprised by the glitchiness of this (Bethesda) game?:confused People constantly complain about MW2, but here's proof once again that making VG's isn't such an easy thing. Even for a large team working with assests from a past game.:eek:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Darn you Bethesda!:mad

They had to have known of all the problems across all platforms. To me it's a form of professional malpractice. The whole "manana" attitude of fixing problems after the fact is truley disappointing. I feel like the initial purchase price entitles the enduser to a less buggy game then what they've provided.

Fallout New Vegas PC Version Patched, Xbox 360 and PS3 Pending

Matt Peckham Matt Peckham – Thu Oct 21, 9:01 am ET

Reading the official PC forums for Fallout New Vegas right about now can be a little depressing. Frame rate plummets, game slowdowns, Steam install gaffes, crashes to desktop, sound dropouts, menu glitches, and at least one person with gender confusion woes.

The bad news is, that's the state the game was in when Bethesda released it. The good news? They've already upped a patch. And some more bad news: It's for the PC version only.

What's it fix? Bethesda says "quest and scripting issues," which means the engine hiccup remedies are still a-comin'.

Bethesda adds that it's "also working hard to make this update available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game as soon as possible."

Hey, at least they fixed the PS3's digital pre-order bonus issue. "Users should attempt to re-enter the codes to download their bonuses," writes Bethesda, adding that if the '80023156' error continues, you should hold off 24 hours before entering the code again.

If you want to take a stab at remedying "bugs" that might be resolvable without a patch, Geek Montage is compiling unverified "fixes," possibly worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
MY frame rate sucks on ps3. I have also had a car float away after I jumped on it at the campground NCR outpost. I jumped on top of it, then walked off it, and it floated about 20 feet into the air and stayed there. I also had the game freeze when I tried to repair a piece of NCR armor, and again just talking to Mr. House. Also the King said something along the lines of "Wait, WHAT THE?" and then a guy kept running into his arm for about 5 minutes before I could do anything. Just stood there staring at it till the guy unclipped from him and stood in front to say something.

Also, to many bitch quests. "Go talk to the person past 2 loading screens for me"

They say "cool"

Ok, "go back and tell them I said that's cool too"

They said "You're a douche"

Go tell them "no you're a douche"

QUEST COMPLETED.
NEW QUEST: DOUCHE CALLER

You're a douche...
I'll give you $500 caps if you tell the other guy he's a douche.
Barter: Make it 1000 and I won't kill you.
Deal.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still playing New Vegas here-n-there. The side quests are taking up my time and I still haven't entered the Strip yet.

Right now I have Veronica tagging along with me, and I'm doing a quest to clean up the water supply for a bunch of NCR sharecroppers.

I think I'm about 3/4 of the way between levels 17 and 18.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still walking around getting stuck in rocks.

I went SW and came back up the road behind the NCR checkpoint with the statues holding hands. Too bad the gates are locked and the game prevents you from climbing around the fencing.

I had to take a long way back around.:(

Right now I'm checking out the BoS dudes down in the bunkers with Veronica.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I got stuck trying to walk around the boomers air force base to get in. They don't shoot at me, but I couldn't get down off the cliff. I'm tired of invisible walls. I can climb a really high mountain, then get stopped, not on the edge of the map, or not be able to get off said mountain. Also my companions keep disappearing. Boone keeps randomly having a message saying he went home and ED-E gets stuck in walls and won't move. Also my game freezes every hour or so on a loading screen or conversation.

It's still fun though. I am at level 23, already went to the strip, can't decide if I'm good or evil, because all the factions sound evil. I found the BoS and work for them now, they hate the Enclave/NCr so I have to not wear my awesome box art armor I found by using the anti-material rifle. Get the .50 Incindearies from the gun runners for it, and then just select people in vats, dont shoot, and exit vats. They light fire. Do it a few times and they die. Easy way to steal armor from factions you dont want to be enemies with. No one cares if you do it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gigantic patch coming out for FO:NV.

Too bad it's 1/2 a year too late imo.:(

If I recall correctly I had 50%+ of the trophies upon completing the game. I have very little desire to go back and play it again. But for those interested in what is being patched, here you go (although be forewarned that the list is very long):

Fallout: New Vegas Patch brings massive world optimizations | DSOGaming

1 - 19 of 19 Posts