Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Today I noticed that my car was overheating and then I noticed that the fans werent on. I filled the radiator and took a look and nothing turned on, not even with the A/C on. I also noticed that there wasnt any circulation of the water in the radiator, could that be a faulty water pump?

Help me guys!! This is my daily driver and I really need it.

thanks

Car is a '93 Civic 5spd 4dr

·
Registered
707 Posts
I say it could be your fan switch being bad, so that could be why its not turning on. As for water pump, i would take that into a shop and have checked out, cuz that can really cause some problems.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have overheating probs in my engine now too this is what i did to make sure the water pump wasn't bad i took the thermostat out and look down inside the radiator and i saw coolant flowing another thing you can do with the thermostat out is boil some water in the house and use a coat hanger or something and lower it into the pan and see if it's opening up if not the thermostat is bad when you filled your radiator did you happen to crack the bleeder on the back of the head there to see if there is any air in the system?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Have you check the volts going to the switch? I would do that first...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Resort last to this you also could leak the cylinders by having a adapter you screw into the spark plug holes and blow 100SPI in there take off your radiator cap and if you see bubbles headgasket is bad which i dout it is more than likely you have a bad switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts