Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,555 Posts
nice car. too bad the edit job sux. i cant see the launch :mad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
nice car. too bad the edit job sux. i cant see the launch :mad
I know.... i wanted to see the launch! I just love scoobies. I jus want to know what is the weak point on those cars? I was seriously thinking about getting an STI or an EVO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
95accordlx said:
I know.... i wanted to see the launch! I just love scoobies. I jus want to know what is the weak point on those cars? I was seriously thinking about getting an STI or an EVO.

As with most cars, the Evo and WRX have failing trannys if pushed too hard. The sti is quite a bit stronger, but still, with any AWD car, be mindful of the launching and treat your car right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
with the evo, you will have clutch issues. Sti i hear have weak blocks, and its tranny and clutch i hear are pretty much bulletproof.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
I doubt i would be keeping a stock clutch anyway after it went. STIs have weak blocks? Someone told me that they are pretty much bullet proof. I never really heard of anyone blowing a scoobie motor but i could be wrong. I know the aftermarket supports the evo more but im used to not having aftermarket support :rolleyes (check the sig!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
95accordlx said:
I know.... i wanted to see the launch! I just love scoobies. I jus want to know what is the weak point on those cars? I was seriously thinking about getting an STI or an EVO.
As with most AWD cars, the trannies give out if pushed too hard too many times. Also AWD loses more power to the wheels. Without the STi's launch nor the EVO's those car's are nothing but 14 second cars. That is why they are notorious only for their launches. But of course you can always upgrade the turbo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,166 Posts
rev 2 10k said:
As with most AWD cars, the trannies give out if pushed too hard too many times. Also AWD loses more power to the wheels. Without the STi's launch nor the EVO's those car's are nothing but 14 second cars. That is why they are notorious only for their launches. But of course you can always upgrade the turbo.
Thats y theyre awesome because they put all their power to the ground! Power without control is nothing...........i have a 300HP accord and if im not careful on my launch i could lose to a guy making less power than i am by jus spinning out.
I jus want to know which is stronger engine and tranny wise though.......scoobies or evos??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
evos have the stronger motor (4g63) the clutches suck though and the trannys really arent that bad.

Someone said the block on the STI was weak and they were right. But they have very stout trannys.

my conclustion EVO>STI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,966 Posts
STi>all(evo)
i heart STi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
fuco8210 said:
ive driven both through the twisties and evo>sti in handling.
a cause of yaw and other electronics, if you want natural racing car without electronics driving instead of you STi, STi has better weight distribution, but the under steer sucks, thats why the evo can handle bettrer than the Impreza.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
95accordlx said:
I doubt i would be keeping a stock clutch anyway after it went. STIs have weak blocks? Someone told me that they are pretty much bullet proof. I never really heard of anyone blowing a scoobie motor but i could be wrong. I know the aftermarket supports the evo more but im used to not having aftermarket support :rolleyes (check the sig!)
my friend owns a wrx...and he told me past 300whp its not safe....i dont know if i believe that or not but he owns the car...hes also a moron

ps...the vid dont work...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top