Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well now and then a few lucky ones get an NSX and i think i might just get one. Now once with an NSX at hand what is the best way to sup it up. is it better to turbo it or supercharge it. If u guys have any suggestions on how to make an NSX extremely fast please post what u know. THANKS

· Registered
1,063 Posts
well, i think those lucky ones can afford a camera and prove it... :p ... supercharging is pretty much the only option...

· Registered
585 Posts
SoFlaGS-T said:
well, i think those lucky ones can afford a camera and prove it... :p ... supercharging is pretty much the only option...
i wouldn't even supercharge an nsx, the car has high compression and is meant to go all motor. any form of forced induction is stupid.

if you have an nsx and you are worried about getting more power then you are crazy.

· Registered
666 Posts
BoostedRex said:

i wouldn't even supercharge an nsx, the car has high compression and is meant to go all motor. any form of forced induction is stupid.

if you have an nsx and you are worried about getting more power then you are crazy.
Then I guess my 600 crank hp NSX makes me several levels beyond crazy.

There are several options for bumping up the power on an NSX. Obvioulsy, you can spray. That is the cheapest solution, but is limited in that you can only run the N2O for a few seconds.

Turbocharging is a popular option (and the one I chose). Corkey Bell makes a TT kit based on the little Aerodyne turbos. They will get you 260-380 hp at the wheels is set up correctly. They spool up pretty fast. The kit is about $10K. I use a completely custom turbo set up with Motec engine management.

Comptech makes a Whipple-based supercharger kit that sells for about $0K and gives you 340-360 hp at the wheels.

Mark Basch is about to release a Paxton Novi based kit that will sell for less than $6K and gives 360-400 hp at the wheels. Unless you are looking for gobs of power, I think this is the way to go. You can see it at http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/superchargers/BaschBoost/

Lastly, Gruppe M makes an Eaton based blower kit that costs about $10K and makes power somewhere between the CT kit and the Bell kit.

· Registered
585 Posts
FastNSX said:

Then I guess my 600 crank hp NSX makes me several levels beyond crazy.

There are several options for bumping up the power on an NSX. Obvioulsy, you can spray. That is the cheapest solution, but is limited in that you can only run the N2O for a few seconds.

Turbocharging is a popular option (and the one I chose). Corkey Bell makes a TT kit based on the little Aerodyne turbos. They will get you 260-380 hp at the wheels is set up correctly. They spool up pretty fast. The kit is about $10K. I use a completely custom turbo set up with Motec engine management.

Comptech makes a Whipple-based supercharger kit that sells for about $0K and gives you 340-360 hp at the wheels.

Mark Basch is about to release a Paxton Novi based kit that will sell for less than $6K and gives 360-400 hp at the wheels. Unless you are looking for gobs of power, I think this is the way to go. You can see it at http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/superchargers/BaschBoost/

Lastly, Gruppe M makes an Eaton based blower kit that costs about $10K and makes power somewhere between the CT kit and the Bell kit.
are you going to change your internals to make lower compression? what is the compression for your engine?
somehow i think that all the engine management in the world cant prevent you from blowing an nsx engine boosting an added 10psi or whatever.

i wouldn't risk it, thoes engines dont come cheap nor easy.

· Registered
666 Posts
You can easily and reliably make 450-500 crank hp with a stock NSX motor. Since I knew I was going higher than that, I dropped in forged 9.5:1 pistions, ductile liners and a block guard. I run 18 psi on pump gas and 24 psi on race gas. Plus I spray another 80 with N2O. The car makes over 500 hp at the wheels at 18 psi with pump gas and no spray.

· Registered
79 Posts
NSX TURBO

Hi 2D,
I am currently running a custom made turbo designed by Larry from NSX modified. It is a T3/T4 cermaic coated ball bearing single turbine. The boost is set to around 6-8 lbs with stock internals....if you would like to know more about the pricing or specs feel free to contact me. Fast NSX are you also known as DAVE?
JACK

· Registered
2,120 Posts
theres a twin turbo kit for the NSX.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.