Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LG Motorsports of Texas (which stands for Lou Gigliotti & has the best C5 headers) now has the fastest NA 346 ci LS1 corvette in the world. also, his son goes to Purdue & is in our purdue car club (which i'm apart of, too)...... anyways, this vette traps at a very strong 140 mph but it has some traction issues as it is a world challenge car & not a dragster. anyways, here's LG motorsport's c5r vette (just wondering how powerful their c6r is gonna be)........

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/images/media/lg140.wmv

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
damn that thing sounds crazy,I'd like to see it on a road course

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
nice...
reminds me of that video a year ago of another world challenge vette...
stupid fast, only ran in the 11's, but trapped in the 150's or so

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
i still am having a hard time to comprehend that its all motor & its running 9s (10s with shitty launching, but 140mph is a 9 sec trap speed)!!!
What's so hard to believe it's all motor? Listen to the damn thing bro!

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
i'm just saying its hard to get all motor cars to do 10s
Hondas yeah, vettes no! Look what the ls2 rips off the 1/4 mile in stock. That thing is stroked to the bone. I believe it's all motor, didn't see no purge did you?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
preludedriver99 said:
Hondas yeah, vettes no! Look what the ls2 rips off the 1/4 mile in stock. That thing is stroked to the bone. I believe it's all motor, didn't see no purge did you?
but thats the thing. lou gigliotti took an LS1, which probably runs low to mid 12s, & made it run 9s (w/ traction)..... if you've ever gone to the track, you'll understand how hard it is to shave just a tenth of a second

edit: stock c5's run mid 13's, granted this is a world challenge race car w/ a hardcore racing diet.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HondaVTEC93 said:
its a corvette its not hard to get that thing into the 10's
hmm, browsing over the corvette forum's "performance section", i'm seeing a bunch of guys with bored out LS1's that are running 10s & what not, but i am not seeing guys with the stock 346's running 10s..... hell, they are barely making high 11 passes

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Heads,Cam,ported TB,ecu flashing,gears,and a diet = a easy 10 second run on a stock 346 block.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
98civic4door said:
Heads,Cam,ported TB,ecu flashing,gears,and a diet = a easy 10 second run on a stock 346 block.
huh, maybe so, but i'd like to see some timeslips...... i guess it would be way easier with a V8 to bump out easy power & fast times... if only it was that easy for m3s :bh

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
huh, maybe so, but i'd like to see some timeslips...... i guess it would be way easier with a V8 to bump out easy power & fast times... if only it was that easy for m3s :bh
you think you have it bad buy a Civic with a D16 and see how much power you get out of it w/o turboing it :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
orijinal_poser said:
but thats the thing. lou gigliotti took an LS1, which probably runs low to mid 12s, & made it run 9s (w/ traction)..... if you've ever gone to the track, you'll understand how hard it is to shave just a tenth of a second

edit: stock c5's run mid 13's, granted this is a world challenge race car w/ a hardcore racing diet.....

hahaha...honda/acuras have a much harder time getting fast times all motor. look at the skunk2 guys, a 15 sec RSX to a 9 sec all motor. that's fast. :eek

·
On Blakes Nuts
5,057 Posts
Mugen1320 said:
hahaha...honda/acuras have a much harder time getting fast times all motor. look at the skunk2 guys, a 15 sec RSX to a 9 sec all motor. that's fast. :eek
Yeah no doubt just actually that about that car. He dropped 6 seconds from building his car all motor. I'd imagine a v8 vette wouldn't have a problem shaving 3 or 4 seconds with way less work!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts