Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it seems to be generally accepted that the Prelude Type-S is the fastest Prelude ever produced. But I was wondering, wouldn't the Prelude SiR be faster, both 0-60 and quarter mile-wise? It has the same 220ps motor as the Type-S, but employs an LSD instead of the Type-S's ATTS. So I'm thinking it would get better traction at the start and accelerate a little faster due to the Type-S being a bit heavier because of the ATTS system. Anybody have any times for either of these cars? Or am I way off track here?

· Registered
2,059 Posts
yea it kinda sucked, everyone at the races i go to (imports wise) thought that i had a real Sir :D , then i told them it was just a base model :), but i was fun for awhile.

· Registered
2,115 Posts
Murdah One said:
I heard of the 4th gen SiR released in Japan....but not a 5th gen....sounds like something i should research....
i wasnt aware of a 4gen SiR...heh...sounds like were both confused.

and yes, your assumption seems to be accurate...the LSD on the sir should prevail over the ATTS on the type-s in a straight line acceleration test

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Murdah One said:

i know that's rice....but that led me to believe that there was actually a real one for the fake one to imitate..
theres no real prelude type R but there are imitate fake one :)

· Registered
24 Posts
There are 5th Gen SiR over in Japan, the car SpanishRicer was talking about is the 5th Gen SiR S-Spec. It has the same power output as the Type S in Japan (220ps) but instead of ATTS it is equipped with an LSD. As for which one is faster I have no answer to that, the Type S might be better through the corners and the SiR S-Spec might be a bit faster in a straight line but thats just a guess.

· Registered
283 Posts
????s

So we're discussing 5th gens......what are all the models?

base ]
SS } In North America, no?
v-tec ]

the same plus an SiR and SiR Type-S in Japan?

Is that the deal?

Why do people want the SS when they could have a stick in the base or v-tec ? (do i have that right?)

and what is this "ps" of which you all speak

220 ps .....what is that in Canadian?

:spawn:
Out

· Registered
224 Posts
Re: ????s

racerpunkX said:

the same plus an SiR and SiR Type-S in Japan?

Is that the deal?

Why do people want the SS when they could have a stick in the base or v-tec ? (do i have that right?)

and what is this "ps" of which you all speak

220 ps .....what is that in Canadian?

:spawn:
Out
talking about japan only Sir and Type S models, not talking about US models at all.

the ps is just the same as horsepower...here in the US, 220ps in Canada means icey wheelspin. :D

· Registered
38 Posts
PS is German for horsepower: 1. Pferdestärke = das Pferd (the horse) + die Stärke (the power)

1 HP = 550 (LB*Feet)/Sec = 745.69987 Watts = 1.01387 PS
1 PS = 75 (Kg*g*meter)/Sec = 735.49875 Watts = .98632 HP
g=acceleration of gravity

So the Japanese Type-S Prelude has 220PS or roughly 217HP

(taken from VTEC.net)

note made some corrections to the equation,
also HP over here in the states is often called SAE corrected HP.
the Brits refer to it as BHP (brake horse power), which I think is referring to PS.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.