Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Super Street

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Turbo

Votes: 3 6.8%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,017 Posts
I do like honda tuning though, although this last issue had the same freakin article as the SCC did last month. About the 187 mph civic in the salt flats.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
95civicEX said:
import tuner by far, none of the mags have the kindof tech info I really want, so I read just to get ideas and dream...
I agree! Tuner has a lot of useful tech info. Honda tuning did have a nice B series article this month though that I liked.

· Registered
13,201 Posts
Probably Import Tuner, but I read all of them and try to learn everything I can. Also this is probably the wrong forum to post this...I'm just giving you some advice before mods come back and people start getting mad.
~Jason

· Registered
24 Posts
Import Tuner is basically a newbie magazine. It even states that it is for the beginners in the scene. Which would explain the girlies on the cover. They know it sells and gets more people interested in the scene.

Super Street IMHO is the best overall magazine. It does a good job reporting on the show and speed aspects of the scene. And is the thickest of all the magazines (even though lately they have been piling in the ads).

Honda Tuning is a pretty good magazine too. But if you are interested in the whole scene then it's not so great cause it is a Honda magazine.

Sport Compact Car is more of a comparison magazine like Car and Driver. They do a lot of comparisons between cars and report on rumors and new stuff on the market.

Turbo is basically for the tuners out there. Totally for the speed freaks. Not too much if any in the show catagory here.

· Registered
219 Posts
I would have said Super Street but last time I counted something like 17 pages of adds between the cover and table of contents.
Plust they only feature about 3-4 cars a magazine with pretty short articles. 3/4 of the rag is adds. 3/4 of those adds are monkey crap adds that sell nothing but altezza's, neon pedals and other crap.

I love the pics in Import tuner but in about 10 minutes I've read everything cover to cover, they need more content.

Turbo would be great for me if I drove a F/I DSM or other factory F/I car.

Honda Tuning is going to get a lot better once they break away from re-caping SCC's Honda info.

SCC is my Fav.
Lots of stuff to read, good comparisons, not the same stuff all the time. But lately they seem to be trying to be like SS.

If anyone ever looked through Mustang & fast fords or another Domestice Magazine like Hot Rod, that is what the import world needs. Less fluff, More content.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
definetely turbo, but it pisses me off to see a non-turbo car in there...

· Registered
177 Posts
I would have to say Import Tuner was my favorite until it was bought out by SCC. I think Super Street probably has the nod for now.

· Registered
1,017 Posts
Mtl Racer said:
Im one of those cheap ass's who looks at them in the store but doesnt bother waisting my money on it. Hey im going to school, I can't afford it!
That sounds like something I would have said.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.