Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've haven't dated a girl in a loonng time, since my marriage to a gal back in '94 which evetually led to break-up in y2k because of her persistence to stray (ie, to her, the grass always seemed a tad greener on the other side of the fence, so to speak). I guess we were too young to be married; she was 19 then and I was only 23. Personality conflict also didn't help either, which fueled the fire to our eventual separation..... :(
Anyway, I've been looking since then and recently hook myself up to a fine-looking 21-23 year old chick that IMO is way out of my league (she's taller and prettier than anyone I've ever been with-heck she's even a tad taller than me! :p) and I'm really nervous thinking about it to the point that my hands are shaking as I'm writing this message! :eek: Of course, it's not like I've haven't been with someone after the break up with my ex. During the period between Y2k (after the separation of my X) until just about a week ago, I was in this 'friendship' (?)thing with someone that provided my desire for lust and temporary companionship (she was with me the same reason I was with her so I didn't take advantage of her-and we had pretty good times in the sack for what it's worth), but nothing serious. But then again it's not like I'm a total newbie in terms of dating. After all, it's just a date, NOT the end of the world, or worse, a trip to the wedding chapel to get hitched ! And besides, I don't even know what kind of person she really is; hopefully she's as beautiful inside as well as on the outside-keeping my fingers and toes crossed :p. I guess this jitter comes from the fact that I haven't seen the dating scene for almost a decade !! :eek:
Ok, enuf of my past, let's get straight to the point. :) I'm asking for advice on how you guys would handle this emotionally if you were me. Do you guys pretend that she's this most hideous looking girl in the world so that you can just be yourself and not F**K things up? I'm afraid I might stumble like a geek and say all the wrong things and totally kill an otherwise perfect opportunity to more dates with her (assuming that she's not the cheating type). Girls, I'd like to hear from you too, if you don't mind chiming in your 2 cents. If you can give some advice to what you expect for us guys to do on a first date, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance fellas !!! :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
1st off, u need to stop worrying "hey, it's just a date after all, n u r not a newbie whatsoever" like u said, ya? if u r serious abt the date, just b urself cuz u dun wanna b someone that u r not, n later she dump u bcuz she found out. It sux really bad.

take her to dinner n then go to a coffee shop or somewhere u'all guys can talk if u really wanna know her personality. only in the condition that u could handle the long hr conversations. Or go to movie even tho i really wouldn't do so cuz it's just not creative especially it's the FIRST date, doll.

like i said, just b urself cuz u want her to know the real u, not the image. most important of all, dun make her feel that "hey hey hey, let me get some" even tho u really like to do so:D

hope i helped, good luck to u bro. my fiancee said so too. ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it. :)
I took her to a nearby restaurant and we sat down and chatted over dinner. Turns out the girl's too high-maintenance and complacent (self-serving) for my taste. There's no give and take with her, only take. Definitely NOT GF material. Still, she's one hot piece of ass and it'd be stupid for me to pass this one up just to be a Mr. Nice Guy with her (although it might cost me some serious $$ in the process..)! The opportunity's to see her again is still open, since I played it cool (ie, NO horny come-ons or the like-just being the gentleman I am---buahahaha! Yeah right! :D) and she make it clear to me that I can call her up whenever I'm free to hang out again. :)
I'm going to take her out 2-3 more times to see if she throws me the 'hint' for me to bust a move. If that don't come by third date, then I'd consider that strike 3 and she IS OUTTA HERE! :D (Hope I don't jinx my chance for a good laid by saying that. :( )
Well guys and gals, I'll keep y'all posted.

Wish me luck!! :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Zanardi50, I can relate with you minus the marriage I had an x and our personalities clashed.

Yeah a date is a date and there are other fish.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
so you are like 30 someshit now? how bout find some ladies your own age not go after kids.

·
Registered
261 Posts
so she said u could call her no? good job bro, but make sure u dun "invest" too much for some temporary "enterprise" like this...well, only if u have enough $$Benjamin$$, n u dun mind at all. (when working in the bar, i had this lady customer who could make her man throw more than 1.5 grand on her in one night)

age doesn't matter tho in this kinda game, if she likes it, n u like, then just hit it from there....u got some, she got some, end of the story :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lude1sh said:
Zanardi50, I can relate with you minus the marriage I had an x and our personalities clashed.

Yeah a date is a date and there are other fish.
Sure there are plenty of girls out there, but to find one that fits your personality is very difficult. Well, I guess you're not gonna know which one is 'the one' unless you go out with them. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1200mk said:
so you are like 30 someshit now? how bout find some ladies your own age not go after kids.
Kids? Naw, I don't have a lolita complex. She's actually 24 (6 years over the legal age=NOT a KID), but looks like 19. But hey, what can I do? ;)

I may be nearing 32, but still have the mental age of a 21-23 yeard-old young man. It's only appropriate for me to find someone that matches me in that respect. Besides, girls my age are too old for me. I can't get along with them without being treated like a little kid. The last thing I need is another 'mother' that think she can run my life. :rolleyes:

BTW your unjustified personal attack toward me says alot about yourself. You're pre-judging a person that you don't even know (and obviously never met)! What makes your blind hatred toward me any different from racists and biggots hating someone because of color, creed, religion, etc..?
Obviously, you've lost an ex- to an older guy at one time or another. Hey man, you're not the only one that had this happened to you, so snap out of it and move on with your life! Sheesh, and I thought (the majority of) forum members here are grown-ups! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPdate !!

We went out 4X already. Looks like I'm going to keep my pocket rocket in my pocket (or put my six-shooter back into the holster) on this one. Remember my previous plan to dump her if she doesn't give 'it' to me on the third date? Well, I just chucked the he-man's rulebook out the window on this one. Ok okay, so I'm going to put my book back into the shelf for now. :D She claims to be the high-maintenance, materialistic type, but she seems to be very down to earth in many respects. She likes to ski, reads manga, and absolutely love a good movie of any type! COOL, I can live with that ! :) We're going to catch the latest Jackie Chan movie tomorrow night and perhaps the "Red Dragon" the next week. If everything goes well, we may end up going to Knott's scary farm 10-27 and even snow skiing Thanksgiving. But still I have to put my eggs in different baskets (ie, keep looking for the right one) because she only offered to pay for the expenses once (on the first nite out-which I declined and happily paid for the dinner) but never offered to pay again since. I'm a nice guy, but not an idiot that she can feeeload and tromp on. IF she's worth hanging around for, she has to give a little bit. Right girls and boys? ;)
I'm going to be upfront with her and see if she's willing to pay for the movie. I mean c'mon, we're only friends at this point, right? If she's not willing to shell out $$, then I'm gonna walk, because there are other better fish in the sea!! :cool:
Wish me luck! :)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Zanardi 50 said:
BTW your unjustified personal attack toward me says alot about yourself. You're pre-judging a person that you don't even know (and obviously never met)! What makes your blind hatred toward me any different from racists and biggots hating someone because of color, creed, religion, etc..?
Obviously, you've lost an ex- to an older guy at one time or another. Hey man, you're not the only one that had this happened to you, so snap out of it and move on with your life! Sheesh, and I thought (the majority of) forum members here are grown-ups! :rolleyes: [/B]
DAAAAAAAAMMM !! he got u there bro:D

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
got pics? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts