Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For everyone who has a camber kit and it hits on the fenderwell, i am goign to start tomorrow on remaking the "cap" to the fenderwell. I temporarily cut holes in the cap to make the noise stop.

So far this is my thoughts. Cut the holes a lil bigger then take some sheet metal and bend it in a way to where it clears the top of the ball joint. I'll take some beginning pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i was thinking about doing that the other day. don;t ou think the wholes will alow the camber kit to travel to far and may e hit your hood? take some pics and let me know.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
01preluder said:
i was thinking about doing that the other day. don;t ou think the wholes will alow the camber kit to travel to far and may e hit your hood? take some pics and let me know.

holes.

Whole is used when describing a group of things.

a whole group.

Hole is used when its an orifice.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
01preluder said:
I'll take some pictures of the way the holes are now, tomorrow before i start to work on it. I dont think it can travel all the way to the hood. If it would then it woulda had a much bigger dent in the fenderwell.

·
Registered
870 Posts
98Vtec said:
I'll take some pictures of the way the holes are now, tomorrow before i start to work on it. I dont think it can travel all the way to the hood. If it would then it woulda had a much bigger dent in the fenderwell.
Pics would be great. i just don't want to risk blowing a "hole" through my CF hood.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

^^first cuts. Looks like shit right now. I'll be finishing it tomorrow it will look alot smoother. Found some perfect stuff at work to do it. I'll post final results tomorrow.

edit: There is plenty of room between the cap and the hood. The shock and spring would literally have to bottom out and crush to hit the hood.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
The easiest way to do that...was to drill a small hole (pilot hole) into the sheet metal. Then step it up in size with a gun drill (2-4 drilling steps.) Then to make it bigger....use a dremel with a metel cutting tool.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
u need to drive to orlando and let someone that knows what hes doing handle that, then it will look oem.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
damn. why dont you let him finish and then if you dont like it you can criticize. until then keep the negative comments to yourself.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
H22Power_521 said:
damn. why dont you let him finish and then if you dont like it you can criticize. until then keep the negative comments to yourself.
;) thanks

hey you got pm

·
Registered
452 Posts
Be very careful with this idea. The hood is ~1/2" above the point you intend to work on. If the dimples are torn now-have them MIG welded ,painted and leave them alone. It is very important to understand that there may be a better way to deal with the problem-you will be providing no additional clearance and in fact allowing the stud to rise higher and thus closer to the hood. The alternative is to weld a plate over the existing hole/dimple flush to the 'cap'. Just my take on it. Good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts