Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pearlwhite_HF said:
You might want to take out the Pepsi can I think it is going to restrict air flow!!!! :D
That is some bad ass shit...can't wait to see it alll come together.
hoping to have her running by the 19th

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dude, I just wanna touch it! haha. My love fab kit should be in sometime next week. Ill make sure and post pics also. Nice man let us know how it turns out. Dyno Numbers?

·
Registered
10 Posts
And how about reliability? Some race preped engines N/A 2.2 and above , tend to brake after some miles. Imagine the burden the engine has to take with a turbo or a compressor. Know that our pistons are forged and good valves ect., but how many miles can the engine take with such mods? Plus diff, axles, transmission, gearbox,clutch ect. With carefull use and not much drag racing i hope it can last as much as 50.000 miles. Any opinions on that?
I hear some that have s/c on and say that two years now they have no problems at all,but i don't know how they drive the S or if they use it in trackdays. If with a s/c or turbo is reliable, maybe next year i will try the Vortech kit. :bomb

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
taz5 said:
And how about reliability? Some race preped engines N/A 2.2 and above , tend to brake after some miles. Imagine the burden the engine has to take with a turbo or a compressor. Know that our pistons are forged and good valves ect., but how many miles can the engine take with such mods? Plus diff, axles, transmission, gearbox,clutch ect. With carefull use and not much drag racing i hope it can last as much as 50.000 miles. Any opinions on that?
I hear some that have s/c on and say that two years now they have no problems at all,but i don't know how they drive the S or if they use it in trackdays. If with a s/c or turbo is reliable, maybe next year i will try the Vortech kit. :bomb
I have a built motor nissan rear end custom axles and drive shaft, im not too conerned about blowing this motor, I have a back up if need be...

·
Registered
255 Posts
taz5 said:

I don't know about the motor. If built properly I don't think I would worry too much about reliability unless you are just constantly dogging your car. In that case what motor will really handle that much abuse... More on topic, the Honda/Acura mechanic I use just finished their build of a dyno'd 450 whp S2000 and the guy only had it for 3 weeks before he split the rear-end wide open. So, there it sits while the owner decided what to put in the rear.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Boosted521 said:
if it was a stock rearend i'm surprised it lasted that long.

yeah honestly, the stock rear end in the fully stock car doesn't feel all that strong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.