Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finished the nitrous install last week too, here are a few pics of it. zex dry 55 shot w/ zex nitrous ejector air filer and zex bottle heater. yes the car is dirty, I need to wash it. Before I run it im getting colder plugs just to be safe, and running car on 91 oct. gas.

Bottle mounted wrapped in the heater.

Zex filter, nitrous line wrapped in wire loom to keep it as stealth as possible(as if the zex filter with something going into it is stealt lol)

switch inside of the coin pocket, again for stealthiness.
The "smart box" is behind the center console.

·
Registered
54 Posts
let us know what you run 1/4mile time. you should change you wot switch to a push button so when you launch you can hit the switch on the last yellow and come off the line with nitrous. If you hammer down the throttle to get it to kick in fully you will spin really bad unless you are running drag radials or slicks. trust me.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
going to a 1/8 mi. track on friday, I may go w/ a push button sometime down the line, but i will see how the wot switch goes. anyone have any idea what i should be hoping for 60' wise w/ z6 swap i/h/e in a 93 dx coupe?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bads2k said:
let us know what you run 1/4mile time. you should change you wot switch to a push button so when you launch you can hit the switch on the last yellow and come off the line with nitrous. If you hammer down the throttle to get it to kick in fully you will spin really bad unless you are running drag radials or slicks. trust me.

Not exactly sure what you are saying... when launching you dont want to "hammer" down the throttle anyways, and you dont want to spray right from the start... you want to ease into launch or you will get wheel spin with or without nitrous. My suggestion is keep it armed but dont give her hell till atleast 2cnd gear. I ran a 75 shot never had a problem with wheel spin at launch yet i always had the system armed.

Good setup though but I would move the spray nozzle close to the intake manifold. Nitrous separates and thins itself out the farther it has to travel when not compressed. The less distance it has to travel to the combustion chamber the better. What size shot are you running?

Just remember... don't go out there balls to the wall expecting to run great times the first time using spray. Play with it, experiment with launches, learn when the best time to spray is. In honesty you will probably be dissapointed with what you run the first few times, but eventually you will start running faster with each run once you get used to it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
running a 55 shot. I may put the nozzle closer to the throttle body, but I have heard that the nitrous atomizes with the air better because it has more time. comments on this theory? im not a nitrous guru at all, just know a little.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
strtciv93 said:
running a 55 shot. I may put the nozzle closer to the throttle body, but I have heard that the nitrous atomizes with the air better because it has more time. comments on this theory? im not a nitrous guru at all, just know a little.
Yeah I was thinking of wet kits, with a wet kit the farther it has to travel the more the nitrous separates from the fuel, and the fuel starts sticking to the intake walls and can puddle in the intake manifold... it was early when I posted that response... wanst thinking quite right yet lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
i've been using nitrous for a while now and my best 60ft.'s and 1/4 mile times have come from hitting the nitrous right when the last yellow kicks. check out my in car video. it is in this nitrous forum and you will see how good my launches are. If you are not running radials or slicks I don't recomend it though. on a dry shot the farther away from the man. the better. wet shot direct port is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bads2k said:
i've been using nitrous for a while now and my best 60ft.'s and 1/4 mile times have come from hitting the nitrous right when the last yellow kicks. check out my in car video. it is in this nitrous forum and you will see how good my launches are. If you are not running radials or slicks I don't recomend it though. on a dry shot the farther away from the man. the better. wet shot direct port is the way to go.
Yeah I understand what you were saying after I watched the vid, I thought you wanted him to take the toggle comletely out...

·
Registered
435 Posts
so what did u get?

·
Registered
54 Posts
my friend has a y8 in a 00ex coupe and is running low 15's on a 55 shot. you should be doing better than that b/c your lighter as long as you have a good clutch. it didn't take long for me to replace my stock for a good one. good luck and let us know how you did.

·
Registered
30 Posts
strtciv93 said:
me? you mean at the track? i didnt get a chance to make it to the track, maybe next week
hello:

please..can you show me pics of the your fuel hoses connections,and the FPR?

thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
hey i duno if anyone looks at this thread.. but "strtciv93" have you got any numbes from the track? or any feed back on how your system is working out ? ?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
bads2k said:

DO NOT USE A PUSH BUTTON !!

bads2k i really hope your not running nitrous :eek

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
strtciv93 said:

well it doesnt really mix with the air different it just gives your sensor enough time to figure out how much more fuel your motor will need when u spray.. keep it 3" from the throttle body u should be good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts