Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 5th gen accord with 180xxx plus miles on it, it runs great and what not, but i was still wanting to do things to the f22b. Considering the mileage, would it even be a good idea to put anymore money into the motor or should i just leave it how it is and wait for it to go out whenever...and if i should mod...would pullies be a good idea? or any other ideas i would greatly appreciate, thanks

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thats a lot of miles on a engine that doesnt have much pontential to put any mods on. If you want to keep the engine stock and running the way its suppose to, i say keep it alive and put in money on necessary stuff and not mods. If you had a f22b with 20k miles on it, it still wouldnt be worth to put mods onto it, insted buy an h22. Pullies will not make any differance on your engine whats so ever. The only time pullies would make difference is if you were pushin "a many horses". It doesnt sound like you are doing that with and f22b with 180k miles on it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, thats true i guess that would explain why that venom 400 control module never worked for me? either that or i had it hooked up wrong, but im sure i didnt

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooooh, see i had no idea back then, i just figured since it was that much then you should get some noticable results out of it

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
accord87 said:
If i were u just get a swap. Dont spend any money on a f22 with that many miles. Just save the money u were gonna use to put in it and get a h22 swap!

no kidding...lol...

the f-series motors make good anchors for speed boats... thats about they're entire performace potential

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.