Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well.. that is a sweet video... I just want to let everyone know that FWD can't and not make for drifting... In the video, can't you fellows see that del sol can't really control where it's going.... especially when he lost his tail in the middle of the clip and his speed was probably at 30 to 40 mph....Everyone can drive pretty fast like 30 to 40 and turn sharp to either your left or right (to make your rear tires to loose traction and start fish tailing) then turn to the other side quick.. then your car will start slide..NOT What real drifting is... Plus.. FWD can't make S sharp turn like RWD or 4WD... I hope people can understand that and not to practice drifting with their FWD

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can drift in FWD as seen in the video.. in FWD you have to go much faster than RWD/AWD drifting, as you can see his space was limited and the faster he went the longer and better his drift looked.. but most of his drifts were short due to limited space. That video the driver was not using e-brake either.. there are very few FWD drifters but I have seen video of hatches drifting in japan, i'm looking for the site now as we speak. FWD can drift it is just approached differently..

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
FWD cars can drift. Check out options videos they give you setups and techniques and everything.

Its all about the e-brake, setup & tires....and hard late braking. Honda engines are good for drifting-motors because they are very responsive.

·
Registered
834 Posts
i drift in my civic using good ol pepsi 2 litter plastic things under my rear wheels :D ill have vids soon :D

pS: just orderd Video Option2 vol. 31

FF tuning special! All your favorite fwd, front engine cars. Features honda civics and integras with OVER 600HP!!! Toyota starlet skyline killer! Drifting in a civic! 9 second fwd car! If you drive a FWD car you MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO!

hope its good :D

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have a verrry fun way to get in trouble, we call it tray sliding ;) what you do is get those plastic trays from fast food restaurants and roll your FF car onto them so the back wheels are on top of each one.. then go at it! you can use the e-brake to hold the wheels in place on the tray and you can do non stop drifts.. please only do this in enclosed areas away from traffic and debris as you have ZERO traction from your real wheels, it's pretty loud too :p *warning* this is pretty illegal unless you are on your own property so dont cry to me about getting a ticket for tray sliding and please please be very careful with this and i'm not responsible for any damages that occur! :) Happy tray sliding!

·
Registered
321 Posts
BigNav said:
You can drift in FWD as seen in the video.. in FWD you have to go much faster than RWD/AWD drifting, as you can see his space was limited and the faster he went the longer and better his drift looked.. but most of his drifts were short due to limited space. That video the driver was not using e-brake either.. there are very few FWD drifters but I have seen video of hatches drifting in japan, i'm looking for the site now as we speak. FWD can drift it is just approached differently..
Well, if you call that drifting then it's cool... I will just call that sliding cause FWD have no control ...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
aemcivic_02917 said:
i drift in my civic using good ol pepsi 2 litter plastic things under my rear wheels :D ill have vids soon :D

pS: just orderd Video Option2 vol. 31

FF tuning special! All your favorite fwd, front engine cars. Features honda civics and integras with OVER 600HP!!! Toyota starlet skyline killer! Drifting in a civic! 9 second fwd car! If you drive a FWD car you MUST WATCH THIS VIDEO!

hope its good :D

yeah i have had that vid a couple years now. i can tell u it is well worth it. u may have seen the clips of the spoon itr and ctr as well as the jun ctr. they are all from that video.
the starlet vs gtr was cool :) very much based on real life events:D

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
heheh those were pretty tiny for real drifting....but a good try.

the options video metnioned earlier shows u a really strange guy who makes his civic drift a bit too well :)
ive seen another like it but i dont know what the video was from. my friend from hong kong has it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hmm... drifting in fwd is actually called ass dragging..
besides its not as fun as drifting in fwd

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
You can 4wheel drift with any car....you have power to pull it through a corner , you just need more speed with a FWD.....and you can get more crazy on late braking & with the use of the e-brake...itll bring up a lot of rear brake bias as well as weight transfer....so the car gets where it needs and when power is applied its not going to spin out....

·
Registered
115 Posts
dang can somebody repost the vid the link doesnt work.........plz

·
Registered
928 Posts
MECCJOO84 said:
dang can somebody repost the vid the link doesnt work.........plz
Yeah, I'm with this guy!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.