Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
well, Square is making the sequel to FFVII, called Advent Childen, unfortunately, it's not playable, it comes out in DVD format this summer in Japan. I saw some bad ass FMV sequences where Cloud is fighting the Sphorous look alike dude, he's blocking Cloud's humongous sword with his katana with one hand... :eek: Meanwhile, I am eagerly waiting for FFX-2, it's suppose to be out 11/18, but I heard the rumor it will be pushed back to early december, who knows... can't wait this semester is over to spend some time with my ps2

·
Registered
251 Posts
they said that as long as FF&-9 are playable on the current system (which they are, and will be on the PS3) that there will be no remakes

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
It's a movie, not a game.
Go to gamespot and check it out....

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ken-woody said:
they said that as long as FF&-9 are playable on the current system (which they are, and will be on the PS3) that there will be no remakes
THat sucks. Maybe they should concentrate on making the best FF IMO to date. FF6. That would be fucking awesome.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
sivamp said:
THat sucks. Maybe they should concentrate on making the best FF IMO to date. FF6. That would be fucking awesome.
I agree with you on FF6 being the best. There were a lot of interesting characters, good fighting system. It was also fun to have everyone know all the good magic spells.

I wish there would be remakes of the PS1 releases. I have tried to play FF7 recently, but with no voiceovers and archaic graphics compared to FFX, it dwindled away to where I didn't play anymore. Yesterday I played FFIX (was about 20 hours into it a year ago), but the loading time when a battle starts is SO SLOW! Maybe I should play it on PS2 - that might be better.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Leprechaun said:
I agree with you on FF6 being the best. There were a lot of interesting characters, good fighting system. It was also fun to have everyone know all the good magic spells.

I wish there would be remakes of the PS1 releases. I have tried to play FF7 recently, but with no voiceovers and archaic graphics compared to FFX, it dwindled away to where I didn't play anymore. Yesterday I played FFIX (was about 20 hours into it a year ago), but the loading time when a battle starts is SO SLOW! Maybe I should play it on PS2 - that might be better.
really? cause in lieu of it being re-released i started playing 7 again. oh that barret.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I am really dissapointed in Square and Sony. I am really starting to hate Sony b/c they could push for remakes 0f FF 7-9 but they're choosing not to. I am glad at the popularity of the xbox, if only the FF series would go to them. As if that would ever happen:rolleyes: What are the chances?

·
Registered
251 Posts
SS4Gogeta said:
Now I am really dissapointed in Square and Sony. I am really starting to hate Sony b/c they could push for remakes 0f FF 7-9 but they're choosing not to. I am glad at the popularity of the xbox, if only the FF series would go to them. As if that would ever happen:rolleyes: What are the chances?
:D :p haha you really think that SONY could push Square to make remakes? If they did Square(-Enix) would just say "fuck you! we just chose your system cause you had CD's, now every console has CD's. We dont need you! YOU need US!" of course that would all be in Japanese so I had to do some rough translating

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ken-woody said:
:D :p haha you really think that SONY could push Square to make remakes? If they did Square(-Enix) would just say "fuck you! we just chose your system cause you had CD's, now every console has CD's. We dont need you! YOU need US!" of course that would all be in Japanese so I had to do some rough translating
It would be in Square's best interest to remake FF 7-9. There are only profits to be made. I agree with you that Sony doesn't have the power to force them to remake, but it couldn't hurt could it?

·
Registered
252 Posts
What are you guys saying...
Sony has the power to make Square-Enix do anything.
Who do you think loaned Squaresoft 130 million dollars for the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie "flop"?

And a long time ago, one good year and some, there were discussions of this at a conference from Squaresoft to remake Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 7 had been mentioned also.

Ima find this crap and post it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please post, I want FF 7-9 remakes. I didn't know that Sony loaned Square money for Spirits Within.

Tony4Live said:
What are you guys saying...
Sony has the power to make Square-Enix do anything.
Who do you think loaned Squaresoft 130 million dollars for the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie "flop"?

And a long time ago, one good year and some, there were discussions of this at a conference from Squaresoft to remake Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy 7 had been mentioned also.

Ima find this crap and post it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Leprechaun said:

dude FF7 owned me! That's still my favorite FF of all time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts