Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know urethane is better than fiberglass no doubt, but considering they dont make a urethane kit in the one i want is it really that bad to install a fiberglass kit, well not me but a body shop? What about kit that says "BRAND NEW! Never Used.

Blow Out SALE, the LOWEST price on the market!!!

TOP QUALITY Body Kit!!! 5mm thick durable kit with extreme flexiblity.

Each kit have more than 7-layers of fiberglass cloth.

Coated with sealer, READY to PAINT.

Shipping takes 7 days or less by the UPS.

No handling charge..

$500 insurance coverage by Paypal with NO Charge.

Recommend professional installation. Serious Bidders Only! All bidding is final, no refund or exchange. Non-Paying Bidder will receive negative feedback."

·
Registered
186 Posts
lee me guess, ebay!

If your car isn't lowered to much, you don't leave in bad roads, and you can afford reparing the kit every month go ahead.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car is not lowered at all, roads aren't to bad around here and plus just watching out, and why repairing every month ? even if im careful ? how much clearance do you think i would have with factory suspension and 17 inch rims with the black widow kit (plenty considering i would have a body kit???)
?

·
Registered
94 Posts
It depends on how good of a driver you are. At first, you may need to repair it several times, but you'll get used to it. You get to know the roads you travel better too.:D I've had one on my accord, dumped, at about 1 inch off the ground, and I had no problem. I didn't scrape over speedbumps, bumps in the road, dips, or even down hills onto straight roads. You'll get good at driving after a while.
Putting them on and getting them to fit right is the hard part, but your not doing it (the body shop is) so who cares. Usually in general, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
i dont think it would be that bad... as long as you dont hit anything... :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Its like when you buy low profile tires. At first you will blow one later on youll learned to drive with them. Talking about that I made a demand against my citie today, they broke the entire road and my right rim got broken!, no construction signs, nothing well :D guess ill get new rims now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cool you're getting rims, but I realy don't think low pro's are
that much of a problem.I've never blown and have know of anyone else doing the same.

Well with the bodykits. Do not by one on ebay.
Be cautious of those that say replica.

I've been through 3 and going on my forth but thats
onle because I get tired of one look and go with another.
But i think this forth one will be my last....at least for awhile.

The only on I had problems with was my Blitz, that thing would scrape everywhere.Plus IMO I think fiberglass is easier to repair
youself than urethane is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts