Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to change the plugs today, well two of them were oil coated, I mean drenched and dripping. There was now way in hell that they couldve been producing any spark. I put the new set of plugs in and holy shit what a difference. It felt like someone shot my car in the ass with 50HP, no joke. I will be hitting the track this weekend and I WILL HIT 14s.

·
Registered
252 Posts
oh, i fixed my timing last night, i was like beyond full retard, check that shit too, im checking my plugs tonight and changing my fuel filter

·
Registered
936 Posts
Which 2 were drenched in oil?? I also dont think that is your only problem. Do a compression test.

·
Registered
252 Posts
hmmm apparently when i pulled my plugs they were covered in fuel and oil, i guess it was from the retarded ass timing, i pulled them and cleaned them and im going to check them again tommorow after some driving and see if they are coated again, i dont think they will be cause i checked for blow-by in the intake and it was clean, so i just think it was a coat from that, i think i may reset my ecu too......hondas.....gotta love em

·
Registered
525 Posts
hey tell me if they are drenched in oil again. i have the same problem in the 4th cylinder ( most right) people tell em its piston rings or busted valve guides, both of which i dont kno how to fix. please reply when u can, thanks

·
Registered
252 Posts
we both have 99 GSRs so i doubt we could both have shot rings, my ignition may have been my cause and i dont know if its true but i had read that to much oil(even a little) can cause some blow-by

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I checked them again today, and there's quite a bit of oil on them. I also reset my timing. Thats not it. Im suspecting the rings are shot. :eek: I really don't want to go in there and tear things down once again to change them. Maybe it's time to sell...

·
Registered
936 Posts
It's not time to sell. Now you have an excuse to drop in some forged piston:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HaHa, I hear ya brother, but I told myself that I wouldnt get too deep with this car. I got it for a steal and it was only meant to stay stock and drive around as a commuter. Ive done that in the past too many times. Modding this car anymore = $$$. I just want to keep it as a daily driver. My theory is that I'd rather start dumping serious money into a better car, one that I REALLY want to keep....

Please don't start flaming.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
WHY ARE YOU DRIVING AROUND WITH YOUR TIMING RETARDED?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I took her to the track and got .4 seconds more out of it, making my best run [email protected]!!! So damn close....But anyways, it looks like cleaning that oil off was worth .4 sec!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
didnt you say they get coated again right away though? there has to be something else going on, that should at least break 14.99

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes a day later I found oil, but a week later they were coated. I put new ones right before I ran at the track. I was also there with other GSR owners who were running high 15s, one turbo setup was going 14.2...not too shabby I guess.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GayHatch said:
ever do a compression test? 14.2 is kinda shitty for a turbo setup
My friend was supposed to come over with the gauges but never did. :confused: Im sure I will have a low read out on those 2 cyls. I agree 14.2 is kind of shitty, so was his mph something like 96mph or something like that. But then again I think it's actually not that bad. What does a GSR do stock, 15.6 or so? The turbo and bolt ons brought him down well over a second and 6mph in the 1/4...which calculates to probably like a 60-75HP increase over stock.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i think a turbo gsr should be in the 13s, thats just me, are you putting your car back to stock before you sell? cause if you are i could use the intake....heh

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GayHatch said:
i think a turbo gsr should be in the 13s, thats just me, are you putting your car back to stock before you sell? cause if you are i could use the intake....heh
Actually I think I may have a buyer for the car. I will most likely sell it "as-is". The mods may help it to sell a bit quicker, at least with the young crowd.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts