Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone desribe in full detail what a final gear is? Or how its used? Which one I would want? Why I would want it? What does it exactly do? And how much or where to get one from?

Thanks,

Joey

·
Banned
2,834 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
kuguyjoey said:
Thanks a lot great one. BTW what is HPDE?
High Performance Driving Education, "driving school's" an "Track lapping day's" that teach proper high performance driving technique with the help from classroom and in car instruction.

I'm getting ready to make a leap in a year or two to Time Trials. I love Autocross but, I want to compete on bigger full road courses, without the major danger of wheel to wheel racing...

Good luck,

A.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would you happen to know of any within the Fort Worth/Dallas, Tx area or how I can find these driving corses? I took an autox class but I'm trying to learn more.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Try:

http://www.scca.org/

and

http://www.nasaproracing.com/

Search Both of their sites for classes and tracks, and local clubs near you.

I am a NASA member but, will als be joining SCCA next season. I tend to like NASA's structure and rules a little better but, that's preference and either organization is Top Notch! You won't go wrong...

A.

·
Registered
440 Posts
if i put a ITR final drive on my Si, would i loose my ability to go 140 still?

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Aaron_909 said:
if i put a ITR final drive on my Si, would i loose my ability to go 140 still?
Quit reposting the SAME question on more than one post. I already answered you on the other one...

A.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the final gear is not 5th or 6th gear! think of the final gear as your "rear end" or differential ratio. you know how mustang or camaro guys talk about changing the "rear" in their cars? same principle.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
B18C5Rodney said:
the final gear is not 5th or 6th gear! think of the final gear as your "rear end" or differential ratio. you know how mustang or camaro guys talk about changing the "rear" in their cars? same principle.
Ayup!

A.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts