Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok what does the finale drive do i don't really know no one has told me. Becuase you can buy a type R tranny for 1800 with a spoon finale drive will it make my car faster or higher top speed?

· Registered
396 Posts
final drive is a gear in the differential housing. it's the last gear reduction before you get to the wheels.
1st gear reduction = 3.25(first gear) * 4.25(final drive) = 13.81
2nd gear reduction = 1.909(2nd gear) * 4.25(final) = 8.11

I don't know that the numbers are exactly right, but it should give you the general idea. I'm guessing the Spoon final drive is shorter than the stock type R's, so it would improve acceleration. (and lower top speed) But like chillin said, if you've got a d-series it won't fit anyways.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just chillin said:
neither, cuz you'll never get it on your engine. with 1300+ posts you should know b and d series trannys aren't interchangeable. the ex tranny is about as good as it gets for d series.
um yeah i'm getting a b18c1 with in three months but thanks for your useless post jack ass

· Registered
2,222 Posts
tonesdefdsm said:
um yeah i'm getting a b18c1 with in three months but thanks for your useless post jack ass
whoa nelly. calm down there. why didn't you say that in your first post then? good thinking huh. since you do have a hatch in your sig after all, which has a d series engine, and you didn't mention any engine swaps. but anyway, if you need info on integra engine's, then go to the integra or type r forum.

· Registered
130 Posts
He was asking what he final drive was and was using the Type R tranny as an example which has NOTHING to do with him putting it in his car. You are the one that had nothing good to say in your first post. If I'm not mistaken, it's the last gear in the tranny so it would basically mean better excelleration and less top speed(like the guy said earlier), but you would also have to rev higher on the freeway to go the same speed.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Biznatch said:
He was asking what he final drive was and was using the Type R tranny as an example which has NOTHING to do with him putting it in his car. You are the one that had nothing good to say in your first post. If I'm not mistaken, it's the last gear in the tranny so it would basically mean better excelleration and less top speed(like the guy said earlier), but you would also have to rev higher on the freeway to go the same speed.
than screw that i like top speed to much

· Registered
2,222 Posts
Biznatch said:
re-read his first post a couple of times. he was asking about swapping a type r tranny with spoon final drive into his 95 hatch, which has a d series engine, and the type r has a b series engine, and he didn't mention any engine swaps in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.