Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my new radiator and hoses today, hooked her all up, and engine would crank slowly, but not enough juice to turn over, then I turned my lights on and they were working, then I tried my wipers, and they were sloooooowwwwwwwwwwwww..now no lights or ne thing:bash. so ima go to autozone to get my batt. charged, Its weird tho cuz my car was only sitting for like 3-4 weeks, ..........................so gay.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
or the real random stupid shit. Like god damn chipmunks filling your exhaust with acorns. little fuckers, I'm gonna go into the garage with a .22 next time/

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now this is really worring me.........................I got a car to jumpstart with, let it idle on my ports for about 2 mins, and lights wipers etc running strong, tried to start kar, cranks hard,,,,,,,,, But wont fucking start. IDK what the fuck it could be, its getting fuel, pretty sure its getting spark, although it was starting up real rough before I let it sit, I let my friend borrow my ECU a week ago, but all we did was unplug it and plug it back in, FUCK. maybe let it charge longer? idk man im freaking out.

· Registered
12,453 Posts
now this is really worring me.........................I got a car to jumpstart with, let it idle on my ports for about 2 mins, and lights wipers etc running strong, tried to start kar, cranks hard,,,,,,,,, But wont fucking start. IDK what the fuck it could be, its getting fuel, pretty sure its getting spark, although it was starting up real rough before I let it sit, I let my friend borrow my ECU a week ago, but all we did was unplug it and plug it back in, FUCK. maybe let it charge longer? idk man im freaking out.
reset your ECU. Un-plug your batt. Let it sit for like 2 mins. Plug it back in. Start the car, and DONT TOUCH THE GAS until the car reaches operating temp. Then turn it off, and use as normal.

That could explain why your cars not starting too, un plug the batt. let it sit for a min. plug it back in, then try.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On the top Wire loom , the other bottom two are two sepearte small ones, and the top one is like a single white one, that plugs into the side of the ECU

ON THE TOP WHITE LOOM, the first three wires on the top row COLORS BROWN, RED, and BLUE, (not neccesarily in that order) are disconnected, Im pretty sure they were like that, but maybe the wires came unspliced when were weree taking out the ECU? idk man I just need my fucking car, I have my radiator and primering it tonite, BUT IT WONT START. this fucking blows, my microtech comes on when I turn the KEy on, maybe the battery just needs a full recharge, But idk i Just want my car ........ :(

· Registered
12,453 Posts
no no, don't un plug and re-plug your ECU again, do that with the batt. once its fully charged.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got it to start off a jump, Cut it off, (mistake) Now it wont start again, im pretty sure the batt is fucked, I also noticed before I got it to start that the starter signal fuse wasnt threre, so thats back in. But one of the RELAY boxes, (theres one in the fuse panel, and Two others by the ECU, on the Pass side, like literally rite by the ECU and my MICROTECH LT8).......Doesnt click, the other one clicks but one by the ecu does NOT click when I turn the Key to the On position, so I mite need to replace that As well as the battery. ( I have no idea how much a 4 prong relay costs) im over it today tho, got fucking nothing done today except my car is ready to run (radiator and hood in ).........man this is so fucking gay. I hope its the battery, i dont see what else it would be, IT DID Start today, so that clears up all the wiring questions. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

· Registered
974 Posts
In my 89 EF (Civic DX Hatch) with a B16A I had a relay under the hood (near the headlights) that was not grounded to the fender one time and it caused all kind of problems. Slow wipers, slow blinkers, slow start, you name it. Grabbed a 10mm bolt and grounded it and everything started working again as normal. Check to make sure nothing is loose and all the grounds are on.

<<<-1000th post.

· Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea well got a vlve cver gsket plugs,wires, new battery duralast gold and terminals. 8 fucking year warrenty with batt. free replacement. My friends had a duralst gold on his 5.0 for like 6 yrs. still gotta get cap and rotor and a 4 prong relay, but im not rich. But I DID GET A NEW JOB getting paid a lil better at Valvoline so im Pretty syced.

O yea, i traded my friend my NEw si rims for the OG crx si rims, he painted em black, They look DoPe...........hppy 420 btw to ne one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.