Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my car fixed rite...after tearing apart my tranny from my motor 4 times my car runs perfectly now. After i had my flywheel turned, pressure plate torqued, and everyfreaking thing done correctly...i thought my car was done. But then i still had a vibration during acceleration which after the 3rd time of pulling the tranny i thought was the flywheel and clutch. "Chatter". I take it to school to do a diagnostic test, found i had a minor misfire in cyl. 3. Correction? Changed my cap and rotor and spark plugs. Runs good now. Took it for a test drive and i still had that same vibration from which i thought would have been corrected from the "tune up". So i discussed it over with my instructor and classmates and kinda eliminate the problem to my right axle which had a dampner on the old one, cuz i just replaced it, but the new one didn't have one cuz im using a gsr axle instead of a si. Well, today i had time so i went to an axle reman shop(only one in NC). I told him i needed a dampner kit for my axle. He tells me that i dont need one and it wont solve my problem. He told me that its the in-board cv joint thats probly bad. I took his word on it, since he knows wat he's talking about. I take my car home tear out the right axle and go to advance auto and trade it for a good one. Well.....got it back on and took it for a test drive. Its fine now! Finallllllly freakingly....done. No more vibration. I kno my story is long but ...u just have to understand how much time i've put into my car in the last 2 weeks.....im just happy its finally done..had to share my story...lol

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, all 4 times i did it myself, but on the 4th time my buddy help me put it in. After the 1st time, all my problems have been in the axle which, till the 3rd time i didnt catch. So .....2 times, for nuttin. Damn, pep boys, and advance need to get their shit straight, gave me wrong and bad axles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts