Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well i just picked this 95 coupe Si up a lil while ago so i hope u guys like it! Its got some potential and if u can notice i just recently smoked my headlights! i think they look good :D anywayz, without any furthur adue!
here they are!

I know its dirty, but all in all wut u guys think? potential or what!!
Some thoughts on the colour too!!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Maybe he's from canada?

Anyway, nice color, it should respond well to carbon fiber, atleast thats what I would do. Anyway, I'm assuming it has a Z6, and I'm sure you know what I would do to it. Good luck, How much did you get it for?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it for $4000 only has 120000 kms on it :D and yes i am from canada thats why its a coupe si :p

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
killer, i like that color cause i have only seen a few of them

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
94Civic_R said:
got it for $4000 only has 120000 kms on it :D and yes i am from canada thats why its a coupe si :p
If I had a nickel for every time I assumed my USDM Honda knowledge applied worldwide, but didn't, I'd be a fucking millionaire by now.

Nice ride dude.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys! im hoping to throw a drop on it pretty soon, well as soon as winter goes away! then when summer comes if all goes well gunna drop LS/Turbo setup, similar to what egvtec has :D i love his car! :clap

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i have 2 coupes now.. but im gunna be selling the red one.. so wut i get out of that i can throw straight into the car :D I'm real pshyched about it! I cant wait until summer!!! or atleast until this snow melts, the weather is sooo messed up lately, like the end of the world is coming!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice.Im really liking that color as well.How Did you smoke the headlights?I wanted to get the JDM headlights but until then i wanna smoke my stock ones.Nice project though,wish I had some more cash to start another project.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
to smoke:

remove headlights
pop them in the oven to heat up the seal
pop off the lense
spray paint all the mirrored surfaces with a THIN coat of black
silicone-seal the lense back on
reinstall

[edit] I didn't think it was necessary but maybe I should add this - take out your bulbs! mask anything that you don't want painted.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah just make sure that you don't paint the reflector part or else your light output will be very weak looking. I've seen a few people make this mistake and they either have to buy a new headlight or take all the paint off with paint thinner. Other than that... exactly what scottigee said. Make sure it's a light coat. You can even throw them back in the oven after you paint them (well that's what I did) to bake the paint on. :tu

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
scottigee said:
that's a good point - I shouldn't have said "paint all the mirrored surfaces"

with 6th gens the reflector bowl can come out seperate from the part you want to paint though, eg's are one piece, so it must be masked.

You can paint the whole thing, but there is only one way to do that..... :D

94Civic_R said:
....similar to what egvtec has :D i love his car! :clap
If only you knew....can you say, ghetto? :lol

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
scottigee said:
to smoke:

remove headlights
pop them in the oven to heat up the seal
pop off the lense
spray paint all the mirrored surfaces with a THIN coat of black
silicone-seal the lense back on
reinstall

[edit] I didn't think it was necessary but maybe I should add this - take out your bulbs! mask anything that you don't want painted.
so i can do that and just switch lenses?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
take the clear plastic cover (lense) off the housing
paint it
then put the lense back on...no switching.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it says right in the instructions that u wrote just replace the lense.. on our civic the lense is glass btw. not plastic :tu

1 - 20 of 36 Posts