Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
edit: scroll through thread for more pics...

just finished "impulse buying" on ebay for the night...geez, I almost wish the beer hadn't "persuaded" me to buy them but they're what I've been looking for.

16".
dual spoke.
white.
polished lips.

oh yeah, they should look good on my emerald green coupe :D

I've been trying to find a decent set of white/polished rims in 16" for a while and bam just by chance I stumble on the auction with 20 minutes left. Guy's got great feedback with a few other sets sold recently for about that price so it's not a scam...

LoL, dunno if I want to use the red rings that come with them or not...though I was going to paint my rotors red anyway :rolleyes:

here they are, let me know what you think, flame me if you must :mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43955&item=2442503120

also, another auction I won the other day....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2442746259

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Not bad. I had white 17's at one time on a green 98 LX. Got tired of the white scheme after several months. I would of went with gunmetal or bronze with the green. But, like I said I at one time loved the white wheels I had on my green civic. $300 shipped for wheels is not that bad though. My Rotas were $435 shipped.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that's what I was thinking...but I'm going to be repainting the car in the near future to a pearl medium green (forget the color...but it's a lexus color...) and I think it'll look good...

besides, if I eventually get tired of it....that's what wheel paints are for! just tape of the polished lip and spray away :D

I mean hell...even with shipping they only come to about $77 per wheel and that AIN'T bad!!!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Do you know the weight on the wheels?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hybrid93Hatch said:
Do you know the weight on the wheels?
I'll toss one on my bathroom scale for the "fatass" test once they get here.

hell, I honestly don't care what they weigh to be honest...they will fo sho look betta than my steelies with covers on them :p

can you believe it?? running around town turbocharged/intercooled with s2000 seats...and stock steelies with wheel covers HAHAHAHAHA unbelievable

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
stackz said:
I'll toss one on my bathroom scale for the "fatass" test once they get here.

hell, I honestly don't care what they weigh to be honest...they will fo sho look betta than my steelies with covers on them :p

can you believe it?? running around town turbocharged/intercooled with s2000 seats...and stock steelies with wheel covers HAHAHAHAHA unbelievable
I rode on 13 steelies with the GSR motor for months. Would shock the hell out of people. Now, with the Rota's people expect speed.....

What set-up you running (motor / turbo)?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hybrid93Hatch said:
I rode on 13 steelies with the GSR motor for months. Would shock the hell out of people. Now, with the Rota's people expect speed.....

What set-up you running (motor / turbo)?
just the stock y8 engine with a 92-95 greddy kit @ 9psi intercooled.

it's fun as hell but I don't get near enough street challenges for my liking. That's why I want the lil extra bling factor from the rims...

we all know it's the kids with rims that get revved on versus the grannies with the stock exteriors...

I figured my turbo vtec stickers and front intercooler would be enough...but no....sigh....

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
stackz said:
just the stock y8 engine with a 92-95 greddy kit @ 9psi intercooled.

it's fun as hell but I don't get near enough street challenges for my liking. That's why I want the lil extra bling factor from the rims...

we all know it's the kids with rims that get revved on versus the grannies with the stock exteriors...

I figured my turbo vtec stickers and front intercooler would be enough...but no....sigh....
I'm sure I'd give you a run for your money? What are your times?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LoL!! omg how did this subject get to this?? geez I was just wanting comments on my rims :p

I've never taken my car to the track man...nor a dyno....I believe in "ass-dyno" power :rolleyes:

I'm sure you would give me a good run to be honest. I've shocked quite a few people myself including a few local 99-00 Si boys and a guy in a ratted out crx running a b18c with a 100 shot...

though I think I won that race since he red-lined it through first and second....after that he pulled even with me....

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
be sure to get some pics when you get those on your car ... out of all the turboed civics on sho for some reason yours is my favorite ... i also like your site with all the how to's ... simple and to the point.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
o no u bought rims, well if the cops didnt notice the BOV and the intercooler, they'll notice u now. . . . . . .i thihnk those will look real nice, but did u really pay $75 for a shift knob???

nice find on teh rims

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
slim-tim said:
but did u really pay $75 for a shift knob???
oh damn i didnt even notice that! stackz must be loaded!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
the RAN said:
my guess would be around 19lbs/wheel
i'd actually lean to a bit more. even though they're 16's. i'd say over 20 at least...

anyways, they're Konig Toxxin replicas. i used to have some Toxxins, but they were silver.

those rims look good ;) and white on CG does look pretty rad. as long as you take off that ugly ass ring in the middle ;) it should snap right out. it did on my toxxins anyways. looks a HELL of a lot better without it, so it's just white and polished lip, no ugly ass teal shiny thing...

ghost

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Melt said:
oh damn i didnt even notice that! stackz must be loaded!
no, I'm not loaded, I just really wanted a shifter that would match my seats is all cause I haven't been able to find an actual s2000 shifter with leather in good shape (there's always tears or mold on them).

As for the rims, I really like them even if they are white. What will probably happen is I'll roll around on them a little while and then whip out the aluminum wheel paint on the center sections :rolleyes:

I'm probably going to switch between using the red rings and not especially once I get my slotted/drilled rotors and paint my calipers red that way it will all match.

It's high time I got a lil' ricey with my car :lol2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts