Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my 5th gen prelude's rear sway bar from my old ST 25MM bar to a Progress rear sway bar (27MM) with adjustable endlinks. I adjusted it to the stiffest setting possible in the rear and I am finally getting some good balance with my 30.4MM front bar.

the car is WAY better driving now....handles like gold!

just thought I would share.

ST rear sway FS!!!! 110 shipped!

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Did it it help with your FWD understeer, or just made the rearend break loose sooner. Just wondering because I'm cuious what would happen when you're breaking hard into a corner and then lift off of the brakes. Does your setup make your chance of going into a snap oversteer situation any worse?:confused:

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shiba-Kun said:
Did it it help with your FWD understeer, or just made the rearend break loose sooner. Just wondering because I'm cuious what would happen when you're breaking hard into a corner and then lift off of the brakes. Does your setup make your chance of going into a snap oversteer situation any worse?:confused:
I had some major understeer before with the 25MM bar....I threw on the bigger rear and it rotates much better.

I'll check on braking hard and hitting a corner....I will have to do that somewhere where there is a lot of room!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
did you have a st front sway bar as well? how much you pay for progress swaybar?

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
azian21485 said:
did you have a st front sway bar as well? how much you pay for progress swaybar?
I have a Neuspeed front sway bar.

I paid 250 shipped for the bar and adjustable endlinks.

if you are interested in the bar, PM me or email.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jeez that car must ride really really stiff. Those sway bars would never work here in Jersey. My setup is so mouch more mild than yours to the point one would say looking at them on paper no way these two could have similar performance. But I keep doing well at autocrosses and run very nice times at track events. I have no sway bar on the front and 19mm S/T in back. Tokico Illuminas, and Eibach Pro kits and most recently a type r lsd. This thing was a blast last weekend in the snow, I waited till like 2 went out and I was practicing my Scandanavian flick. I was doing it proficiently and had a big ass shit eating grin on my head the whole time.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gregor56 said:
Jeez that car must ride really really stiff. Those sway bars would never work here in Jersey. My setup is so mouch more mild than yours to the point one would say looking at them on paper no way these two could have similar performance. But I keep doing well at autocrosses and run very nice times at track events. I have no sway bar on the front and 19mm S/T in back. Tokico Illuminas, and Eibach Pro kits and most recently a type r lsd. This thing was a blast last weekend in the snow, I waited till like 2 went out and I was practicing my Scandanavian flick. I was doing it proficiently and had a big ass shit eating grin on my head the whole time.
its fun driving in snow!!! I drive an isuzu rodeo 2wd...5 speed manual when I go back to MN to visit family. pretty fun.

I suggest throwing the biggest front sway bar you can find on your car....you might be thinking...WTF is this guy telling me. I want oversteer characteristics......but the type R guys have been running WAY lower times with the biggest front bars they can find at autoX. makes complete sense to me. You may increase understeer....but your still running faster times!

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnnyboy_10138 said:
what sway bars do you recomend getting. i roll on the H&r race springs
the biggest ones you can find:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would put some stock in your recomendations were it not for the fact that I regularly beat Type Rs. In my region STS is a hugely popular class I only did 5 events this yr due to certain commitments. I placed 1st 2nd 3rd and twice i placed 5th due to me overdriving. I beat cars with coil overs, I beat cars with custom made NASCAR style adjustable sway bars, I beat EFs EGs and other non Hondas I really have no right beating in my heavy ass GS-R sedan. I suppose in the past 14 yrs I have been autocrossing I have learned something.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
^ What was it that you learned?:confused: I feel cheated that you ended your statement there. No cliffhangers dOOd! LOL! ;)

BTW: Just because your beating those other cars, could it be because you have much more experience (a better auto-x driver)? With a change of equipment they could be lowering their times in relation to their previous marks, but it doesn't necessarily mean it makes them competitive with the winning times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I didn't want to be all high on myself and say I am some Mack Daddy autocrosser. But what the heck, I FRIGGIN RULE!!!! Seriously driving is the major part of it, but also the little things with the car like spending alot of time tuning my alignment settings, using a tire pyrometer to adjust tire psi instead of seat of my pants. But I have learned alot from Evolution, my friend National FS Champ Mike Johnson, and from the times I play instructor for clubs Like the Dodge Viper Club, The Vette Club, Miata club(road course and autox). The main thing I learned is how to chose where on a course to give up a little, and where to take some back. And I never said I spanked anyone when I came in 1st it was by .03 and that was probably because I tend to run towards the end of my group(hint) so i know what i gotta do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts