Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: If the pics don't load, hit 'Refresh' on your browser. FotoTime has been acting weird the past few days

As most of you know, I traded my Si for a WRX. Here are some pics.

11.4 inch rotors with 2 piston calipers.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
WOW!!!!

Shes beaut!!! I love the interior:) Did you install that boost gauge or did it come from factory?

·
Registered
837 Posts
nicely done, perfect color.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks :D The seats are like heaven. The boost gauge is a option, but it doesn't block the tach like in the pic (I took the pic from the back seat). I still miss the Si, but it is nice to have some real low and mid range power.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
2000 EBP Si said:
Thanks :D The seats are like heaven. The boost gauge is a option, but it doesn't block the tach like in the pic (I took the pic from the back seat). I still miss the Si, but it is nice to have some real low and mid range power.
Well Congrats!!! You have a damn nice car :D Now you have to take it to the track, and see what see's got...After you break her in of course :D

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Did you get that from a dealer or a individual seller. Also how much!!!

Peace:D

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
nice color. reminds me of ebp:)

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I got her brand new from a dealership. List was $26,8xx, but I only paid $26,000 and I got $15,000 for my Si on trade. The color is World Rally Blue Pearl, it is almost the same as EBP, just a little lighter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats nice, looks like you guys get ripped off with the seats over there, out here in Australia they come with a different seat in them, they are a momo recliner, very comfy and they hold you in really well. Do you guys get the STI's over there yet???? my boss just got a new one, they are hella quick, they do a 13.6 standard compared to a 14.8 of the normal spec WRX

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Toda16 said:
Thats nice, looks like you guys get ripped off with the seats over there, out here in Australia they come with a different seat in them, they are a momo recliner, very comfy and they hold you in really well. Do you guys get the STI's over there yet???? my boss just got a new one, they are hella quick, they do a 13.6 standard compared to a 14.8 of the normal spec WRX
Nope, no STI yet. We get fucked over here in the states. Your boss is a lucky man.

I forgot to mention, beautiful WRX you got there.....:)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
so whats ur first mods gonna be? i suggest u get a boost controller so u can start raisin the boost:D what do stock wrx's start at? i heard 11 psi

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Very nice, I thought the first upgrade for WRX's would be the tires from what I heard. Good luck with her man.

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stock boost is about 14.6 psi at WOT in 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear. The ECU limits boost to about 9 psi at WOT in 1st and 2nd gear. However, there is a very simple mod (which I have already done) that allows for full boost in all 5 gears.

Yeah, the stock RE92 tires aren't that great. I'm planning on getting some 18" Rota Battle rims with some SO3 tires (if I can afford them), or maybe some Kumho 712 (about 1/2 the price of the SO3s).

I'll probably do the suspension next. The car handles great stock, bit sits a little too high for my taste. Probably go with some DMS Gold coilovers.

I not sure about engine mods yet (still doing some research), but I will probably go with the Turbo XS stage 2 setup (good for 320 crank hp).

The STI will be here early of 2003 (or so the dealerships say). I know some guys that already have down payments on them.

·
Registered
152 Posts
2000 EBP Si said:
Yeah, the stock RE92 tires aren't that great. I'm planning on getting some 18" Rota Battle rims with some SO3 tires (if I can afford them), or maybe some Kumho 712 (about 1/2 the price of the SO3s).
Kumho's turn to dust when you have real power behind them... Just and FYI. I have gone through 3 sets so far on the front. Now I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2. Best tire I have had so far for the money.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I have the Kumho 712's, they've been great so far. :) Much better than my Nitto NT450s, in my opinion.

Also, niiiice car. :D Can't wait to hear what she can do. Someday, when I graduate from college, and turn 25 (thus being able to afford insurance on new cars), I will buy my own *new* car. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
2000 EBP Si said:
The seats look very different to the aussie spec seats. Are they recaros? They look like they are out of the old RX.

·
Registered
85 Posts
JaySolSi said:
Kumho's turn to dust when you have real power behind them... Just and FYI. I have gone through 3 sets so far on the front. Now I have Yokohama Parada Spec 2. Best tire I have had so far for the money.
The rims look a bit small are they the standard 17's?

·
Retired *********
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know who makes the seats, probably a Recardo knockoff. I'm sure if they where real Recardo seats, Subaru would would tell us. I still like them though :D , much better than the flat Si seats.

The US spec WRX get 16" rims with shitty tires standard. 17" BBS rims are a option (a $3000 without tires option). The BBS rims are nice (only 14 lbs for a 17"), but $3000 for single piece cast rims without tires, what a ripoff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts