Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally some pics of the new sol! Whole storyline/build to go with it.

Well some of you may remember my old 95 milano red VTEC sol.

Well that turned into this...

Totaled...sucked.

So then a few months of no driving and searching for a new sol and I came up with a shell from Virginia Beach.

It used to be Z_E_N's car. So we bought the shell and had it shipped here. This is how it looked when we got it.

So then both cars were moved to my garage where everything was to be done.

My brother, me, and a friend starting to pull the motor.

So heres basically everything I did.

-Full b16a3 swap.
-Swapped power steering into the car, which included swapping subframes to accommodate the larger rack diameter.
-Full VTEC brake install including swapping the rear drums to discs, as well as the brake booster and MC.
-ASR/22mmITR combo with blox lcas
-Swapping nearly every interior panel for those out of the old sol.
Adding a trunk release lever from the old sol.

Well that whole process took a few months, and keep in mind I had never done anything technical before in my life. Alls I can say is thank god for a chiltons, and if you can't figure something out ask...like I did many times on this site. Thanks to all the members who helped me during this build.

So on with the pics.
An old one with the stockers while waiting for my tires to come in.

And some fresh ones.

1994 Honda del Sol S.
mod list.

Engine.
SRI.
stock catback minus muffler with custom rear section.
Walbro fuel pump.
Custom coolant overflow tank.
Mugen resevoir covers.
Energy suspension motor mount inserts.

Suspension.
skunk 2 camber kit.
no name lowering springs.
ASR/22mmITR sway bar combo.
blox lcas.
del sol VTEC front sway bar.

Shoes.
16x7 Konig Traffik.
205/40r16 Kumho Ecsta SPT.

Brakes.
stock VTEC calipers.
powerslot rear rotors.
Goodridge stainless lines.
Ceramic pads.
Motul fluid.

Exterior.
Resprayed by previous owners with FBP.
JSP? cf hood.
stock front bumper with grill trimmed out.
shaved bumper reflectors.
shaved trunk/antenna.

Interior.
ITR shift boot.
EP3 shift knob.
Alpine 9835 hu.
MB quart coaxials.

MISC.
I routed the windshield sprayers under my bumper so when I hit them they spray out at people. I've gotten alot of friends with it. Its quite ammusing. I might make a small vid to show you how far they spray.

Thanks for checking it out...comment positive or negative are welcome.

Since those pics were taken i've added tint. New pics will be up soon.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
The yellow fogs i must know where you got these!!! Ive been looking for a set and cant find them anywhere :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
1994solSI said:
The yellow fogs i must know where you got these!!! Ive been looking for a set and cant find them anywhere :(
Just get a can of krylon stained glass sheer color (yellow) and paint your foglights.

btw: nice job on the sol...looks very clean.

·
Registered
416 Posts
realy clean man realy clean i love the whole setup

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Looks good, but I'd get rid of the advertising you've put up. The badge and the custom tag. You're just begging to have it stolen. :rolleyes

Then again, I don't know much about Illinois :)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
solsykness said:
Looks good, but I'd get rid of the advertising you've put up. The badge and the custom tag. You're just begging to have it stolen. :rolleyes

Then again, I don't know much about Illinois :)
The No Trespassing was only for pics, but leaving everything else is ok. The car scene sucks here, no one knows the difference.

Thanks for the comments guys...oh and my exhaust is supposed to resemble a buddy club spec II.

Im 17 years old btw.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Clean looking car bro, I'm 17 as well.

Trying to get into a good college + mod money = confusion and frustration.

=\

Reactions: accordsleeper89

·
Registered
27 Posts
I remember the old sol and story from a number of months now. I thought you sold it to insurance for a decent amount of money though?

I like the black a lot better than the red. You move pretty fast too.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
ksol said:
I remember the old sol and story from a number of months now. I thought you sold it to insurance for a decent amount of money though?

Serious, for 17 years old that's some good shit.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
soul 93 said:
is it that wild in Alaska?
You know what I mean fool!!! Advertising = no go. But if theft isn't that big of a problem where you live then I guess it doesn't matter. I'm always cautious though. I don't leave my doors unlocked or windows down or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ksol said:

Well we fought insurance to get the car back for a decent price, as well as get some money too. In fact we fought so hard our insurance decided to drop us..in auto, house, and medical insurance. Shitty on their behalf if you ask me.

And actually it was a pretty slow process in doing this, my dad thought a month would be plenty to do everything..ha no way in hell.

But im proud of myself for doing all this..considering the most technical thing i've ever done to a car before was install an intake, an exhaust on a friends car, and change oil. I had a friend that was great with cars that was sposed to help me out, but he was always busy, so finally I just said f it, i'll learn to do this myself..and thats what I did.

This has been a HUGE learning experience. But yeah im happy with the outcome.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also, what do you guys think of my windshield sprayers routed under my bumper? There is a vid on the first page. I sprayed my gf's dad the other day and he laughed his ass off.

Only bad thing is everyone my age around here is now turning theirs sideways on their hoods to try n spray people as well.

Real original.. :rolleyes

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.