Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went yesterday got her oil changed, went and washed it, cleaned the inside like new took me about 1 1/2 hoursall together. I then went and bought some good wax spent another hour waxing it she shines like glass now. I figured I owed it to her for not washing it for 3 months,and I ran 600 miles over my oil change.:( Does anyone else fell bad when you go over and don't get it changed or when you don't wash it for a while like your mistreating it or something I do.

·
Registered
485 Posts
gasp!! 3 mos!!! wow, i wash mine about 3 times a week, no joke. nice to hear youre suckin up to yer car to make up for the mistreatment

·
Registered
756 Posts
i finally washed my last night after a few months... it got pretty dirty after commuting 70 miles everyday this summer.

well, this morning i found a nice little gash in my paint on my bumper that dust had been masking for a few weeks. :mad: i didn't notice it last night, but there it was this morning...grrr.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I never wash my car, but then again I only drive it on sunny days. :p

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yeah, like a couple months ago I didn't have any time to change my oil so I ended up going like 900 miles over. I felt to bad for my car!!!:(

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be just me but seems to run better when I clean it up and wash it etc. :D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
InerTech said:
Might be just me but seems to run better when I clean it up and wash it etc. :D
Nope, I feel the same way. After a good bath and waxing, my cars just begging me to be driven :)

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right it's like hey I look good let's roll.:D

·
Registered
494 Posts
MAn, you shoulda seen my car when i bought it at the beggining of the summer. The previous owner took such horrible care of it. I replaced ALL the fluids in the car, CV boots, plugs, some hoses that were being eaten away, tired, and washed and waxed that sucker till i could see myself in it. :)

Inertech, funky breaker in ur sig. U break?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JMK84 said:
MAn, you shoulda seen my car when i bought it at the beggining of the summer. The previous owner took such horrible care of it. I replaced ALL the fluids in the car, CV boots, plugs, some hoses that were being eaten away, tired, and washed and waxed that sucker till i could see myself in it. :)

Inertech, funky breaker in ur sig. U break?

I mix my tables are at a friends house I need to go get them before they end up broken last time I was there they had stuff piled on top of them, good think I have the covers on. I would like to learn how to break though people are not very willing to teach.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
my dad's 88 civic hasn't gotten an oil change in about 9 months:p also he drives about 60-70miles everyday

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
the great thing is that it runs fine. once in a while he adds about half a quart of oil to the engine and thats all. i can't image what the oil filter looks like now:p

·
Registered
756 Posts
GSteg said:
the great thing is that it runs fine. once in a while he adds about half a quart of oil to the engine and thats all. i can't image what the oil filter looks like now:p
lol, yeah eventually replacing the oil filter might help. my old pick-up truck rarely saw a new one since it was burning oil constantly.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
oil consumption eh..i remembered my mom's old 1985 dodge caravan. that thing would have no torque at all. we had to put in 2 quarts of oil ever 5 days. as for gas consumption..you can say an excursion got better gas mileage:)

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
GSteg said:
oil consumption eh..i remembered my mom's old 1985 dodge caravan. that thing would have no torque at all. we had to put in 2 quarts of oil ever 5 days. as for gas consumption..you can say an excursion got better gas mileage:)
haha! my mom used to have a 90' caravan as a beater to haul crap around when we needed. And that used to burn oil like a mofo! I swear, every caravan I see is smoking. I had to add oil basically everytime she drove, or it would start ticking hella bad. Also, we had the tranny rebuilt at like 70k miles, and it was going out again at 120k miles. We sold it years ago for 450 bucks :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
same problem! except it was my dad's fault. he stuff so much things in the van and had full passengers too. tried to go uphill and it couldn't, so the engine of course overheated and died. got that replaced. the tranny gears were messed up too. we replaced it. after we got it fixed, first gear was poop!! redline it'll run only about 10mph. when it finally shifted to 2nd gear, we could fell a big surge. lol..101hp in that engine..

oh well..that van is sold now..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts