Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woo hoo, finally my request for a Racing forum has been answered!! All right guys, start the posting, I wanna hear all about some good races (no Neon vs. Focus runing 18.8 at the track shit....good stuff!)

Peace

·
Registered
11 Posts
Usually i have lots of raced but lately i have no luck looking for racers. I chased down a mustang GT one day but he was running away from me...going through yellow lights and all. Oh yeah his car was yellow too, but his yellow is the color of a chicken if you know what i mean. It was the 93ish model. ya know the ones with horrizontal tail lights then they changed to vertical, then the newer 99 up version. Anyways that was the closest thing to a race in weeks for me. That would have been a disaster for him if we raced....mmmmuahahah!!

HOLY COW, sorry to change the subject but i was looking at the commercial for 'Wreckless" for Xbox, it's a new racing game, looks sweet. Im getting it if i get my hands on one copy.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Plenty of racing in NY

I went to the illegal drags in NY like a week ago. Only a few cars are there cause the others went to another spot. This guy comes over to my car when I was bout to leave and says you wanna run. I say what u got, he points toward his car it a GSR. Then I say what u got under the hood, of course he says the usual I/H/E, pulley.

Ok, we go and stage. started of even and I slowly pull away. We come back and he wants a rematch I say ok only fair right.
This time I got too much wheel spin and still beat him. My friends who are watching tells me he was pissed cursing and throwing his jacket on the floor.

Guess what, his friend now wants to run me, and since i'm on a roll might as well race him too. This guy had the new Celica wit the TRD bodykit(prolly fake) and I saw an exhaust(didn't bother to ask what he had). We stage and I launched horribly(wasn't ready phucking flagger) around 1k rpm like I was driving regularly. I was like OH SHIT anyway I just floor it and hope for the best and guess what I still won lol. I think because of the celica's short gearing cause i could see him shift alot.

Then the Integra guy wants another race to make a long story well long I beat him again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
good kills. celica's are hard to drive and i know because i had one. GTS, TRD exhaust. But you know what though with a CAI and TRD exhaust, they can stay with my s2000 2 gears before i get a car on them. (stomping from 8 thousand RPM, shift, then by the end of fourth im a car ahead) One other time my cousin with his GTS that has AEM CAI and TRD exhaust raced me from a stop. He had a good launch while i didn't lauch hard at all. Basically i did a normal start and floor it afterwards.

It took me 2 gears to catch up to his rear bumber, then 2 gears to pass him and get maybe half to a car. Then fifth gear is where the 2 cars differ. S2000s pull hard and up to 6th gear around 130 is when the speedo decides to slow down the count. Basically if driven right, a celica can be hard to beat, but off the line they are hard to launch.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks, I guess the torque and gear ratios helped me out alot. Gotta give props to the S2K though. Even though its more a twist and turns type of car that engine is no joke.

Heres another one.
My friend got a "borrowed" Infinity Q45(one right before the new one) to race me. We went to a spot we knew and tried it out. Twice we went. First time, I got a good start and got the jump. Maybe like 1/2 car length and I row through the gears like usual. I expected him to pass me cause that car has like 300hp, but he didn't. Second time he got the jump and it was like vice-versa. Its cool he always try "borrowed" cars against me, since his car is a piece of crap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most of the S2000's I saw at maplegrove at the IDRC drags last years were pulling high 14's, low 15's, so sad. The vortech car was pulling 13's as I recall. Their used to be a kid that brought out a yellow S2000 at our local spot. He wrecked it one day, and I haven't seen it since. I went boosting on by him trying to get him to run. It was a no go. Later he told he he heard my turbo (stock) and thought it was an aftermarket one and he didn't want to go. That was probably my one and only chance to meet up with a s2k.

My buddy ran into one on the highway that instigated a race. Unfortunatley my buddies awd turbo talon had a skipped timing belt at the time, bent valves, and the ignition timing was off as a result of the intake cam being out of physical time. He really shouldn't have been driving the car but he needed it to get to work. Needless to say, he didn't race the S2000, he had to wave him by :(

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks, I wish i had the chance to roll up on an S2000. In fact, with my new motor I haven't been able to get ANYONE to race me except this one Si (who i whored). For some reason with my b16 in, people back off. Oh well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
b16a ferio said:
That sucks, I wish i had the chance to roll up on an S2000. In fact, with my new motor I haven't been able to get ANYONE to race me except this one Si (who i whored). For some reason with my b16 in, people back off. Oh well.
Isn't that about the way it goes? WHen I had my civic, I didn't have to try to get a little action. I get my dsm and I can't find a race to save my life. THen if someone does want to race, my car is having technical difficulties.:p

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh man, the worst is the days when the car is broken and like 10 cars within 5 minutes wanna race you. But for some reason, there are never any cars aroudn when you are up and running. Go figure.... And ya know what, tell me why this gay ass Corolla with a huge dent in its door, shitty chrome hubcaps, and a gay muffler tried to race me tonight. Man, i wish there wasn't a cop 3 cars back cause he would have gotten BEAT HORRIBLY. I hate "Rolla's", fucking gay ass cars. Haha, this asian dude and his girl also had a little taste of a 4door sleeper on the highway. hehe....keep the posts coming, i know there have to be some good stories out there!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
are you talking about at the track... i beat a 5.0 once... he was retarded... he said, lets go from a roll so you cant spool up... i just grinned and said ok... so he honks 3 times and i just pull, and pull some more... he was shocked

·
Registered
623 Posts
i own a 92 hatch w/ a full bodykit and somewhat interior (sparco seats..steering wheel..etc.) i remember when i ran on my sohc vtec motor, i would always get punked. i would still smoke the newer Si's..bought other than that was eaten alive. now i got my b20/vtec, and no one wants to race me. no import wants to race me..jus stoopid domestics. since ive had the motor..i was able to beat out allkinds of mustangs, camaros, trans ams..etc.

i remember racing a mustang GT....and we both launched an i jus stuck right beside him jus to mess around.. when i shiffted into second..i didnt try to feather it..and i ripped the shiet out of the tires....and all remember was his ass trying to keep up w/ me while i was peeling out right beside him, still keeping up w/ him. by the time second gear hooked up...i was gone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yea i own a S2000 and its so hard to find someone to race for money we do a 1/4 mile drag and no 1 will go for money i had this 1 guy who i almost got to go for a $2000 running an integra but he asked to see under the hood and i said ok but when he saw all the mods i had he backed out. i got the new turbo kit turns the S2000 from 240hp--->350 new aftermarket intercooler new pipes and headers sway bars and to top it all of a venom nitros system (adjustable 50->100 shots). i also saw some stupid new kid try to run his suped up civic against a Doge viper GTS R (650hp) with NOS. it had to be the funniest thing i ever saw the kid got smoked the viper did the 1/4 mile in like 11.57 NO JOKE THAT CAR WAS FAST !!! well the kid just sat in his car while every 1 was laughin ar him for racin the otha guy

·
Registered
86 Posts
i don't like to influence a race. i always let the other guy start reving first, not alot of imports in deep south texas, it's o.k. i like letting the 5.0's and cameros pick on my ugly 12 second 89 crx si with 1.6 sohc, non vtec, and no turbo car. but, even know there afraid to race me. last night some guy in a camero ls1 was talking so much shit, he said that he'll race me for fun, but the race wouldn't count becuz it's an import. don't really know what he meant by that, but i got mad. he was bragging about making a $500 dollar bet with a mustang. so i told him i'll bet him 500 dollars that i'd beat him, but i said i guess you won't race me becuz it doesn't count. he quickly said "sure i'll race you!" when it was over, i walked away with the cash, and said " don't worry, this race didn't count, bring $500 bucks next week, we'll race for real this time asshole." i hate spoiled rich kids. he put a few dents in his fender after handing over the cash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.