Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its from NX express.... its suppose to regulate you bottle pressure between two given points that you set it on... like if I want it to be between 800 and 950 it would keep it at that pressure.... if it gets too hot... it will ice it down and vice versa... just dont know if its a wrap around like the bottle warmers... hope this helps... later Mike

·
Registered
866 Posts
Waste of money IMO. Just get the NX bottle warmers, they run off bottle pressure too. Why would you need to chill the bottle when you can just have the heat shut off and the bottle cool down slower so your at a better psi longer? The NX kit shuts off at, I think, 1000 psi and starts again at 900.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmmm... let see... maybe because in the summer my bottler pressure gets up to 1100 with out me having a bottle warmer... and how do you expect me to get the pressure down without some kind of chilling method... ice would be the only thing I can use.... so I figured I would try this... and since you seem to know everything... give me another idea.... thanks... Mike

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Z284U2TRY said:
a little purging will bring down the psi. I think 1100 is a great psi for the spray.
its been long time since i have boughten nitrous stuff for my setup. to me it always feels as if my bottle pressure isnt there in warmer days. but car feels real good on a nice cold day with the heater working good. do they make an upgrade kit for my NOS heater that works on pressure and is adjustable now? my nitrous just doesnt feel right in the daytime when its warm and the heater wont work with the thermostat.

·
Registered
866 Posts
asianpride559 said:
its been long time since i have boughten nitrous stuff for my setup. to me it always feels as if my bottle pressure isnt there in warmer days. but car feels real good on a nice cold day with the heater working good. do they make an upgrade kit for my NOS heater that works on pressure and is adjustable now? my nitrous just doesnt feel right in the daytime when its warm and the heater wont work with the thermostat.
As far as I know, NX is the only company to offer the warmers that run off psi.

Quick question. How long does your bottle heaters take to get to around 1000 psi from say 600? Just wanted to compare which one heats faster.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
lol I have a ZEX bottle heater on my NX setup and it runs off of a couple temp sensors and I wish that I would have gone NX just so it'll heat faster, but oh well I'm not running juice now so if anyone needs any nitrous stuff or MSD stuff let me know, PM me. ;)

·
Registered
20,271 Posts

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Z284U2TRY said:
dyno tune makes a pressure switch that will work with a nos heater. Its good stuff I run it. Fully adj also unlike the nx.
did u see that one im looking at on ebay? i wonder how it works....does the bottle have to be turned on in order for that regulator to do its job?im sure it hooks up between the line and the bottle.
u have a link for that one ur talking about from dynotune?

·
Registered
866 Posts
The regulator does go on the line between the bottle and the nitrous box. I haven't seen one that does otherwise.

The bottle does have to be open for it to work properly since there is zero pressure in the lines when it's closed. This will cause the heaters to never shut off and your nitrous pressure will reach dangerously high levels. So be sure to only turn it on when the bottles are opened.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
prelude707 said:
The regulator does go on the line between the bottle and the nitrous box. I haven't seen one that does otherwise.

The bottle does have to be open for it to work properly since there is zero pressure in the lines when it's closed. This will cause the heaters to never shut off and your nitrous pressure will reach dangerously high levels. So be sure to only turn it on when the bottles are opened.
yea i knoe....is that the same way the NX one works too?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yea, exact same thing.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
yea NX has a pressure max, where it shuts off for a certain amount of time until it heats again... but this one you can set the stuff yourself and it also cools if it exceeds the max i guess from what i hear, sounds cool but it also sounds expensive, my zex heater worked just fine for me but i guess some people want every ounce of performance out of their ride :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.