Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been awhile since i've been on SHO. Figured i'd show off my new bike. It's a 2008 Yamaha R1, picked it up with 812 miles on her for $8,500. I know it's entirely too much for a first time rider, i've just been taking it really easy getting used to it. Once i'm comfortable with it I can't wait to go motocrossing, I fell in love with HSAX with the prelude and can only imagine what a rush it will be riding a R1.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
my first bike is an 07 zx 6r...riding is easy man, just act rite, and all will be fine..u cant stop others from banging up on u, but can at least prove it wasnt ur fault.

i had a bb6 i used to carve up roads wit, and this just feels like the next logical step..more feed back and control..

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
whats going on with the bike man, everything good?

im looking into a beast for this fall, i still have my 600, i daily that.

so now i wnt a garage queen. tht sunday beetch. lol.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's going on tienlude? I never had any problems with the bike just a lot of good times, I ended up selling it to a friend when I found out I was going to be a father. It had 6,600 miles on it and I never had a legit spill. I did dump it while I was trying to get my license, I had the choice of going towards a 1' tall concrete curb or dumping it.

Soooooo shortly after I sold my 08 I got a big promotion and went out and bought a 2010 R1. Don't ride that quite as much since I'm rather busy now. Kinda just keep it in the garage and clean it religiously ride it when I have a good opportunity.

I still miss my prelude though... and the old SHO....

Peace!

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
NICE.

i bought an 07 10r. thing is a damn untamable beast.

post pics in a min.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
bah, i like it.

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
Hell Nah. I dnt bang this one. This bike is a torque beast. When I crack it out the turn I break traction. I still have my six. I bang tht one.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice dude, and ME LIKEY that exhaust. I'm sure it sounds like a beast with that. I like mine the way it is, it sounds sick with the crossplane crankshaft. Not like any other rocket from factory by any means. I might get a race baffle one of these days and possibly gut the cat. Free up a little power and make it sound a little beefier for little cost. How much did that run you?

My new bike:

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
my 6 is still completely stock. i love it when she hits over 10k and begins to scream. if i had a slip on i woudlnt be able to hear it so i feel u on that.

my 10 grunts like an angry boar, i bought the bike for 4000 with 5k miles on it right now....

chea. true story bro.

i like the dual exhaust, my year bike comes with it. i might go back to that with an aftermarket bit. it makes the bike look so serious.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a great deal for a 10R w 5 k on it. 600's are good to beat around on. But when you really wanna give a beatdown that's when liter bike comes out. ride safe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My First Bike is Hero Splendor but now i was thinking that to change my bike but i am confused.
Please help me to choose my new bike in between Royal En-field or Yamaha Mt-15.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts